Maintenance Mechanic II Chatsworth, California
Job Ref: 36206
COSMETIC PLANT IN CHATSWORTH IS LOOKING FOR MAINTENANCE TECHS WITH TUBE FILLER COSMETIC EXPEREINCE SO NORDEN TUBE FILLERS. MUST HAVE TUBE FILLER OR DO NOT APPLY THANKYOU FOR 2ND OR 3RD SHIFT ONLY 25-30 PER HOUR
2nd Shift: 3:30PM-12midnight $.50 Shift Differential
3rd Shift: 10PM-6:30AM $1.00 Shift Differential
May be needed 4 hours before or after shift: O/T Paid
Some Saturday work
Job Title: Line Mechanic II
Shift: Two (2) Positions Available 2nd & 3rd
Install, maintain and troubleshoot various production equipment including but not limited to Un-scrambler, Pacific Rotary Filler, inline Fillers, Norden Tube fillers, Resina-Cappers, Label Machines, inkjet Coders, Conveyors, Pumps with a sound knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, electric and automation systems. Performs the Preventive Maintenance, Scheduled Maintenance, Change overs, equipment rebuilds and support production to ensure quality and efficiency. Also requires the basic Fabrication skills and knowledge of shop equipment .Must have experience using hand tools and power tools. Strong Knowledge of Lock Out/ Tag Out and GMP . Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Must have the ability to:
- Change over, troubleshoot, repair and maintain complex mechanical equipment, Controls and Piping distribution systems in accordance with GMPs and SOPs.
- Understand, follow and perform accurately all calculations and instructions written in changeover and set-up procedures
- Work in a high stress environment with multiple priorities and with very little supervision.
- Install, maintain, trouble-shoot, repair and rebuild un-scramblers, Fillers, Cappers, Crimpers, Label M/c, Inkjet Coders, Conveyors and other packaging machines.
- Perform line change overs and set ups based on production schedule and also updates and validate set up sheets.
- Build transfer lines, connect pumps and perform washout and sanitization of filling system by following company’s standard operating procedures.
- Attend trouble calls and support production to ensure standard quality & efficiency and minimize all down time.
- Perform preventive maintenance and scheduled maintenance as per MP2 work orders. Reads, interprets the equipment manual, P& I diagram for major repairs and trouble shoots and order parts to maintain the inventory of critical spares.
- Work closely with engineering to assist them in Line trials and continually improve the manufacturing process and production equipment.
- Performs minor fabrication jobs based on shop sketch or verbal instruction using power tools and shop equipment.
- Perform other related duties or projects as assigned
- High School graduate or GED.
- Must successfully complete a written evaluation including: English and Math
- Must pass the mechanical aptitude test
- 5 years experience working on liquid fill production lines in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience in alcohol filling is a plus
- Must be familiar with Resina Cappers & labelers, rotary & in-line fillers, Hot Air Norden Tuber Fillers, Design A-Seal and Videojet Coders
- Must be able to use all shop equipment, production equipment, typical mechanic’s tools, and inspection gauges, ladders and gauges properly.
- Must be able to work on ladders, scaffolds, and in pits.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. intermittently; heavier parts are lifted using other methods.
- Must have proven ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Must be willing to work on any of the 3 shifts, and available for OT when necessary