Planner Vista, California
Job Ref: 36201
Reports To: Planning Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for planning and scheduling of plant production for assigned company customers. Evaluates work center
loading for capacity constraints and maximizing resources. Follow up and liaison with Manufacturing, Engineering,
Quality, Client Services and other departments as necessary to ensure company customer service levels are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Responsible for customer accounts as assigned.
– Interface with multiple departments throughout the company, Client Services, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality,
Warehouse/Shipping, R&D to obtain company goals for customer service and quality.
– Reviews material requirements prior to the start of production; works with Purchasing and Quality to identify
requirements for meeting production start dates.
– Releases batch records to production; monitors progress through manufacturing operations to ensure shipment
dates are met.
– Reviews and balances manufacturing work center schedules within manufacturing guidelines.
– Works with contract manufacturers to ensure accurate flow of materials to meet production schedules.
– Point of Contact for coordinating fulfillment of all NAIE purchase orders; reviews material availability; coordinates
shipment of product; ensures all required documents are provided to NAIE.
– Ensures minimal excess inventory of bulk and finished goods through monitoring of yields and coordinating with
Client Services for customer approval to ship when excess product is produced.
– Coordinates with R&D and Client Services for successful new product launch.
– Participates in the Materials Review Board (MRB) to advise on impact manufacturing/shipping schedules.
– Continually looks for ways to improve processes within Planning; provides recommendations for process
improvement across department that support operational goals for customer service, quality, reduction in cost and
– Back up to the Master Scheduler in his/her absence.
– Works with a minimal amount of supervision.
• 3 – 5 years planning experience in a multi-site, Batch manufacturing environment.
• Associates degree or higher
• Hands-on experience with MPS/MRP/CRP. preferably using BaaN IV or newer.
• CPIM preferred for Senior Planner
• Scheduling experience.
• Working knowledge of GMPs.
• CPIM or recent course work towards completion preferred.
• Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytic skills as well as organizational skills are essential.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop and kneel; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust and focus.
* Lifting requirement: Up to 30 pounds
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with
qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Computer workstation and climate-controlled office environment. May occasionally enter production areas where personal protective equipment might be required to prevent or lessens exposure to airborne-borne powdered nutritional supplement substances.