Maintenance Manager Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania
Job Ref: 36198
MAINTENANCE MANAGER WITH FOOD MANUFACTURING EXPEREINCE AND ENGINEERING DEGREE REQUIRED!!!
Job Description: Maintenance Manager
- Plans, organizes, and monitors the plant maintenance activities and maintenance staff in repair, maintenance and installation of machines, tools and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds and utility systems. Responsible for recording and tracking all machines, parts and tools required for production. Plan and initiate all purchasing of machines, parts and tools for emergency maintenance and repair, and for planned maintenance. Maintain strong and continuous communication with appropriate Sugaright plant and management staff.
- Train and supervise employees of the maintenance department
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors for execution of maintenance work
- Ensure operational efficiency of electrical equipment and mechanical systems through timely inspection and repair
- Implement workplace safety policies and standards
- Fully utilize and implement all functions of the CMMS
- Reviews work orders to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Maintain a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the Maintenance mission in an effective and efficient manner. Interview and recommend applicants for hire as Maintenance staff.
- Provide accurate and timely data to company management as requested.
- Monitors and helps to modify preventive maintenance program in conjunction with the plant engineer and maintenance staff.
- Reviews with Plant Manager – production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and regulatory standards.
- Work with Plant Manager on training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures, and Emergency and Preventive Maintenance on production machinery.
- Perform other duties as assigned
This job has supervisory responsibilities for Maintenance staff.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS degree in engineering preferred, or equivalent combination of education and more than five years experience with maintenance of production machinery and pumps.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a supervisory role
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Familiarity in drafting and understanding blueprints and schematics
- Effective communication and people management skills
- Direct experience in a manufacturing/production environment
English fluency required. Bi-lingual Spanish fluency strongly preferred. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Office machinery including: computers, printers, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- Microsoft Office Suite, and specifically Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in dusty, wet, hot or cold environments for extensive periods of time
- Requires prolonged sitting and standing, bending, stooping and climbing
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and laboratory equipment
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision (including colors) to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
- Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to give, to receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans.
- Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to do basic math calculations, input data into a computer and analyze data is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts