Maintenance Mechanics La Mirada, California
Job Ref: 36197
2nd (1 pm – 9:30 pm) and 3rd shift (9:30 pm – 5:30 am),
We need 5 Maintenance Mechanics right away; we want guys with a good attitude and a willingness to learn who want to be part of a good team. You should be available to work 2nd or 3rd shift, as needed. This is a 24-hr, 7-day plant. The gap currently is on 3rd shift (3 openings, 1 pm – 9:30 pm approx., this shift is the priority) but also need a couple of 2nd shift (9:30 pm – 5:30 am) guys. This can change as business needs change. .15/hr shift differential on 2nd shift and .20/hr shift differential on 3rd shift. We have about 15 mechanics now and need to round up to 21 or so, has some upcoming retirees that need to be replaced. 3rd shift is our best shift for learning unlike other companies. New hires will train on 1st shift for a month before being put on their permanent 2nd or 3rd shift.
$30/hr – $32/hr is the starting pay range, there's a lot of OT, need good all around experience with mechanical and electrical skills, doesn't have to have PLC skills, will train. Strongly prefers food or beverage experience, but will consider other strong manufacturing experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience with basic electrical & mechanical background.
- Prefer Bottling/Food/High Speed packaging background
- Familiarity of A/C-D/C power, 3-phase, motors, relays, variable frequency drives, inverters.
- Comfortable and safe around circuit panels / breakers / MCC and 480 electrical power.
- Some familiarity / knowledge of PLCs (Allen Bradley and Siemens).
- Comfortable around shop equipment (grinders, drill press, band saw, TIG/MIG welding, lathe, etc.)
- Able to do simple fabrication (turn shaft, bend, cut and shape sheet metal, weld, etc.)
- Some familiarity to read prints (logic diagrams, electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, P&ID diagram)
- Each hire will start on first shift for training for about a month to get better acquainted with machines, employees and policies. Candidates must be ready to work on their designated 2nd or 3rd shift after training, weekends and overtime as needed.