Manager of Administrative Services Commerce, California
Job Ref: 36195
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Administrative Services
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources and Accounting
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Admin. Services
SUPERVISES: Accounting Coordinator, Accountant and HR Generalist
TYPICAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Support management and employees by administering and managing company accounting and human resources departments.
PRIMARY POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain company’s general ledger and financial subsystems.
• Supervise the administrative and accounting staff (including payroll, accounts payable, cash application, credit and collection, cost accounting, and fixed asset management).
• Coordinate and prepare for internal and external financial and statutory audits.
• Record, communicate and reconcile intercompany transactions.
• Manage company’s cost accounting system requiring an understanding of the organization’s operations as they relate to cost factors.
• Assist management to understand inventory valuation and overhead distribution especially as it relates to product costs.
• Participate in cost reduction programs and analysis of proposed operational changes.
• Prepare managerial and statutory reports.
• Prepare and provide timely and accurate financial information to local and corporate management.
• Analyze financial results and assist management in obtaining an understanding of the division’s financial performance.
• Participate in the preparation of division budgets and financial plans.
• Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts including recommendations to Sr. Management regarding proper valuations.
• Supervise HR staff
• Facilitate benefit selection and management including open enrollment activities and 401k audit
• Coordinate with HR personnel for 401k regulated communication
• Oversee recruiting activities
• Monitor annual review and merit increases
• Monitor union contractual increases per contract
• Develop and implement employee programs to encourage and sustain employee engagement
• Coordinate Event Planning Committee
• Update Roles and Skills in Cebos Training Management Module
• Coordinate Expatriate arrangements including right to work permits
• Assist with Employee Development efforts
• Coordinate LOA payments per company policy and legal requirements
• Assist company in labor law compliance
• Other tasks as assigned by management.
COMPANY REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Position holder will have a high school diploma or equivalency.
• Ability to speak and comprehend the English language as determined through appropriate testing and/or the interview process.
• Able to read and comprehend and to legibly write the English language as determined through appropriate testing and/or the interview process.
• Mathematics and reasoning skills as determined through applicable aptitude and achievement tests.
• A position in areas, such as the maintenance department where specific skills such as electrical knowledge are required, will require documented evidence of competency in those skills.
POSITION REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Minimum of a BS degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
• 2 years’ experience in a business or services setting covering a wide range of benefits and administration
• Demonstrated successful leadership, and interpersonal skills in a team-oriented environment
• Knowledge and implementation of Federal, State and Local employment regulations
• Ability and experience working with confidential and personal information
• Knowledge of the Internet and computer technologies (Excel, Word, Etc.)