Maintenance Manager South Plainfield, New Jersey
Job Ref: 36194
MAINTENANCE MANAGER OPENING SOUTH PLAINFIELD NJ MUST HAVE A PLASTICS BACKGROUND.
It is important that this maintenance manager candidate is:
-VERY hands on
-experience with Boilers
-heavy industrial experience, plastics/blowmolding is a plus but not required
Salary range is 100k-120k
Normal day shift with some weekend responsibilities
The Maintenance Manager is a key member of the plant leadership team who acts as a technical advisor and is responsible for overall maintenance, repair and/or replacement of plant manufacturing equipment and the overall facility itself. Provides leadership and supervision to the Maintenance team in the assignment and coordination of work to ensure safety, quality and maximum production efficiencies.
- Oversees, plans and issues work orders to appropriate shift team members for the implementation of equipment modifications as well as preventative and any corrective maintenance.
- Prepares and coordinates maintenance resources and provides recommendations for capital and continuous improvement projects.
- Reviews the operation of equipment with appropriate personnel to identify maintenance issues in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity and Customer Satisfaction.
- Reviews location’s Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to make recommendations for improving plant operations, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and maintenance problem resolution.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves the Maintenance department’s KPIs.
- Engages employees in problem resolution in order to improve production issues/efficiencies utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques as needed.
- Fosters a positive working environment and drives Maintenance team to meet set productivity targets and performance standards.
- Ensures all regulatory compliance with various governmental agencies such as city, county, state is met on a consistent basis.
- Monitors and reviews Maintenance budget on a monthly basis; Prepares and implements annual budget each fiscal year.
- Assists in recruitment process of Maintenance personnel.
- Ensures Maintenance employees are properly trained in all aspects of their jobs. Identifies training gaps and develops training plans as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or operations management.
- Possesses 5-7 years of experience in Industrial Automation, PLCs, Pneumatics and Hydraulics, Injection Molding preferably in the Packaging Industry.
- Management experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement roles including managing teams of people.
- Previous experience working in a Lean environment preferred.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification a plus.
- Exceptional leadership and proven team building skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and innovative problem solving skills.
- Has the ability to multi-task, prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency; SAP knowledge preferred