Human Resources Manager Toluca, Illinois
Job Ref: 36191
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER TOLUCA IL. HR MANAGER WITH A BACHELORS DEGREE AND STRONG CUMMUNICATION SKILLS AND CAN MULTI TASK. FOODS IS PREFFERED . SALARY IS 100-110,000. SWEET SPOT IS 100-105K.
The Human Resource Manager is accountable for managing all Human Resource (HR) functions such as: implementing HR operational strategies, analyzing business information and leading HR and business project initiatives, proactively engaging in employee relations issues, managing candidate staffing, selection and community outreach, employee development activities, and managing programs, policies and procedures in support of the company culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties, responsibilities and activities are listed in no particular order and may be changed or updated at any time with or without notice.)
- Collaborate with plant leadership to define the organizations long-term mission and goals; identify ways to support this mission through talent management; applies knowledge gained through plant floor and business leader interactions to provide input regarding plant operating plans
- Work with the General Manager and the plant leadership team to design and develop a sourcing and recruitment strategy to attract qualified employees, including skilled and semi-skilled hourly positions.
- Ensure SOP’s and Human Resources metrics are implemented, reviewed and the information is used to improve employee and business results in areas such as attendance, compensation, performance management and other related activities.
- Coach, counsel and train plant leadership on their leadership skills and work skills to include performance-based issues such as corrective action, performance improvement plans, terminations, and attendance.
- Develop future plant HR leaders and HR team members by providing structured training, stretch assignments and holding individual HR team members accountable for how they collaborate with others in the plant.
- Facilitate the Employee Engagement action planning with the senior leadership team and inform all stakeholders of plan progression regularly.
- Develop effective employee communication strategies to ensure employees understand AFNA’s culture, policies, practices, benefits, values and performance expectations.
- Act as the primary employee relations investigator by conducting thorough and effective investigations and resolutions. This includes assigned Ethics Hotline investigations.
- Partner with other AFNA HRM’s, including corporate human resources to develop standardized processes, procedures.
- Apply strong knowledge and experience with Federal and state employment law, including leaves of absence, ADA, EEO, FLSA, etc. to ensure compliance across the plant or location.
- Leverage appropriate internal systems (iCims, Ultipro, Kazoo, Hireright, etc.) to provide actionable business solutions and problem solving by utilizing metrics and data regularly.
- Coordinate with the HR team, employee committees, and plant leadership to plan and coordinate employee functions, recognition and engagement activities.
- A bachelor's degree in Business Management, Human Resource Management or a related field AND 5 plus years of progressive HR experience OR an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Three years of demonstrated collaboration with senior plant leadership
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to lead change management initiatives
- The ability to work both tactically and strategically.
- Willingness to learn, grow and tackle expanded duties as business needs evolve.
- Proven ability to remain flexible and agile in an ever-changing environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to effectively work in a matrix structure.