Electrical PLC Technician Sacramento, California
Job Ref: 36185
MANUFACTURING PLANT IN SACREMENTO CA IS LOOKING FOR A SWING SHIFT 3PM TO 11PM AND ON CALL ONE WEEKEND A MONTH ELECTRICAL PLC ELECTRICIAN
PAY IS 36-41 PER HOUR.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE A VERY STRONG ELECTRICIAN WITH PLC SKILLS PLEASE.
Job Description: Electrical PLC Technician
Duties and Responsibilities Physical Plant Electrical Technician
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, test, install and repair electrical parts, equipment and systems.
• Safely work with Multiphase, Multi-Voltage electrical systems.
• Troubleshoot and resolve control networks, instrumentation, PLC, HMI, VFD, servo, control programming issues.
• Read and interpret work orders, safety rules, mechanical and electrical drawings, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Design, build and install, upgrade PLC Programs to enhance productivity.
• Working knowledge of National, State and local building codes.
• Adhere to Cal-OSHA (OSHA) and standard industry safety rules/regulations.
• Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
• Maintain accurate and complete records, document all work performed appropriately.
• Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory.
• Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
• Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• Train and foster a learning environment within a team, with the precept that knowledge should be shared.
• The ideal candidate will view issues, not as a problem, instead a learning opportunity for themselves and their team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 3 years related experience required.
• Experience within an industrial preferred.
• Attain and maintain required certifications.
• Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, crawl, reach, bend, climb and occasionally sit throughout the entire shift.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is necessary.
• Must be able to work in a hot environment with moderate noise.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends (on call) and holidays.
• Effectively work in a team environment, including delegating, training and team building.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to urgent repairs.