Manufacturing Engineer Newark, California
Job Ref: 36164
We are looking for a precision-oriented professional with developed leadership qualities and the ability
to work efficiently with a cross functional team. The successful candidate’s primary function and role
will be to deal with the manufacturing process design and development of new furnace brazed cold
plates and radio waveguides, along with developing supporting documentation for long run and high volume production.
• Collaborate with a cross functional team to define, develop, design, implement, and document a
manufacturing strategy for new and existing products.
• Produce detailed and carefully planned manufacturing work instructions.
• Design fixtures and tooling to help reduce cost of machine setup and reduce scrap parts.
• Review manufacturing yield, set-up, and cycle times to reduce scrap, reduce rework, identify waste
in the value stream, and improve equipment and resource utilization and efficiency.
• Identify and implement improvements to existing production processes.
• Work with suppliers to resolve manufacturing issues.
• Participate in material review board meetings and coordinate solutions for identified discrepancies.
• Define work space layouts, support the procurement and implementation of equipment, and
conduct equipment/process capability studies.
• Identify trends and recommend best practices to improve process capability.
• Maintain a watchful and alert attitude toward projects, including introducing manufacturing
engineering standards into project team meetings, developing reporting ideas and metrics to gauge
the project’s success, and in general being eager and energetic towards establishing and maintaining
the process design.
• B.S. degree in manufacturing, mechanical, industrial, or similar engineering.
• One year of brazing, machining, heat treating, plating, welding, mechanical and/or non-destructive
testing experience; machining preferred.
• Proficient in SolidWorks or similar CAD software.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent green card holder.
• Knowledge of Epicor