Electromechanical Techs – 3rd shift St. Joseph, Missouri
Job Ref: 36162
We need Electromechanical Techs on 3rd shift (10:30 pm to 7:30 am, 8.5 hour shift, half hour unpaid lunch), there is a .40/hr shift differential on 3rd shift, benefits are effective the first of the following month after the start date, 28/hr – 31/hr pay range DOE, there will be a Ramsay assessment and the mechanic must score at least an 80 on the test, should have strong electrical skills (basic AC/DC and power distribution, digital/analog electronics, power supplies, motors, control circuits and schematics and blueprints) with PLC troubleshooting experience.
There are good promotional opportunities here, there are currently 10 techs in maintenance with 2 leads, 2 supervisors, and 1 manager.
This is a 3 year old facility with newer equipment, close to Kansas City, the Chiefs' training camp is very close for those of you who are sports fans. Benefits are effective the first of the month following the date of hire.
*Must have Instrumentation and Control / Electromechanical / Automation experience, also not afraid to get dirty and greasy, need to be highly self-motivated to succeed.
*Will work on Cashin, Thurne, Multivac, Hoegger, Gunther, Lantech, and IPAK equipment.
*Besides the preferred meat or food industry experience, the manager will definitely consider racing motorcycle maintenance, aircraft maintenance, US Navy – submarines or electronics technician or controls engineering.
*This team is growing into a high performance team, pruning the under performers, and attracting the best performers. Team culture is one of sharing information, supporting each other’s success journey, and covering for absences and unforeseen circumstances. The team mission is, “Target 100% uptime through helping each other.” They’re dynamic and growing, and movement is opportunity. The potential for advancement is above average.
*Pluses or intangibles that might make someone’s resume really stand out are Asset Reliability methods and experience, high emotional intelligence, mental toughness, ability to manage stress, hungry for technical excellence and an attitude of positivity. Looking for a place to call “home.”
*Looking for an Extreme customer service mindset, radically authentic, and easily approachable.
SUMMARY: Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repair work including, but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic production and facility systems and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The successful candidate:
- Can read and interpret equipment manuals, drawings, schematics, blueprints, and work orders to perform required maintenance.
- Provides emergency repairs on production equipment to keep lines operational at all times.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs of production equipment including replacement of failed components such as bearings, belts, motors, power/control lines, etc.
- Diagnoses problems and failures and repairs or replaces parts as required.
- Dismantles/disassembles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, using specifications and/or blueprints, precision measuring instruments, and hand tools.
- Adjust various types of devices and control systems.
- Understands facilities, systems, and component functions and relationships, and is competent in their troubleshooting and repair.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum five years of experience in an industrial maintenance capacity.
- Food or Medical plant experience is preferred, as well as knowledge of and compliance with GMP, and food manufacturing best practices.
- Having previously installed, knowledge of, troubleshot, and repaired electrical systems, including 480v and below, and control voltage/systems.
- Ammonia Refrigeration experience preferred.
- Basic hydraulics/pneumatics experience.
- Experience in a fast paced, cold, wet production environment.
- Able to interface and cooperate well with production line workers and supervisors, with a strong customer service mindset.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Mandatory ability to speak, understand, read and write in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move about the facility, could be standing/walking on concrete floors up to 12 hours per day, 6 days per week. Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to sit, use hand to finger coordination; handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Standing, stooping, walking, bending, and climbing are all expected physical abilities, with or without accommodations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud. Space temperatures may range from below freezing to triple digits.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Able to work extended work schedules including weekends and overtime.