Food Safety AND Quality Assurance Manager Oakland, Mississippi
Job Ref: 36150
FSQA Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager OAKLAND MS
MUST COME OUT OF A LARGE FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT NO SMALL PLANTS AND MUST HAVE FOOD OR BEVERAGE AND A DEGREE IF YOUR NOT A MANAGER PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
Job Title: FSQA MANAGER
Minimum 10 years’ experience in Food Manufacturing Quality Assurance in a USDA-regulated facility. Lead the manufacturing facility Quality Assurance & Food Safety Department and carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable regulatory laws. Responsibilities include leading all regulatory compliance requirements; training and managing associates; establishing audit-ready procedures for the facility; record-keeping; laboratory management; maintaining quality, food safety and sanitation parameters of Ajinomoto products and facilities; and have an understanding of labeling, exports and RTE and NRTE food manufacturing and sanitation processes. Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage salaried and non-salaried employees. Must have well developed written and verbal skills, organizational and time-management skills, an outgoing personality, an ability to work in a team environment, and an ability to work under pressure.
Objective 1: Ensure Quality and Consistency
- Facilitate comparative quality evaluations/DPCE.
- Facilitate raw material evaluations and provide feedback, guidance, and instruction on defective material.
- Utilize statistical process control to facilitate improvement.
- Oversee company performance related to consumer complaints. Create action plans based on deviating results.
- Coordinate with contract/external sanitation provider and oversee sanitation effectiveness at the facility.
Objective 2: Reduce Risk and Ensure Compliance
- Ensure pre-requisite program compliance.
- Implement the company’s environmental monitoring program. Take actions based upon results of key indicators.
- Develop and ensure compliance of the HACCP/food safety plan.
- Ensure compliance to the sanitation program.
- Ensure 3rd party audit compliance.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the traceability/recall program.
- Ensure compliance with FDA/USDA requirements and GFSI requirements.
Objective 3: Eliminate loss
- Develop and ensure adherence to department established budget and reporting requirements.
- Assess and mitigate losses related to held product.
- Mentor/develop future FSQA leaders.
- Facilitate improvements to the sanitation process.
- Achieve a zero safety accident/incidence for all areas of responsibility in support of company-established objectives.
Currently this position has supervisory responsibilities over:
- FSQA Supervisor
- FSQA Technicians
10+ years Quality Control/Quality Assurance experience in USDA food manufacturing environment with at least half of the experience being in a supervisory capacity is required. Frozen food experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Budget/Cost Control – general understanding of QA/procurement budgeting and cost control functions, with ability to perform budgeting/cost control processes.
- Presentation Skills – ability to make clear, concise and convincing business presentations.
- Analytical – ability to independently perform, mentor and manage others in conducting complex technical analysis of manufacturing data, statistical process control (SPC) and supplier performance.
- Leadership – ability to act as team leader for special task assignments; providing leadership in development of QA skills and specific QA knowledge for QA team members; demonstrated ability to develop subordinates by driving, delegating, supporting, coaching, and empowering.
- Mentoring – ability to mentor other QA team members in technical knowledge and QA management skills.
- Communication Skills – excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing and presentation skills.
- Organizational Skills – excellent people and organizational skills.
- Judgment/Decision Making – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate business judgement and recommendations independent of supervisor.
- Computer Skills – working knowledge of Microsoft based software, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Other – ability to elicit internal and external support; good interpersonal skills; ability to work under pressure and short time lines, prioritizing multiple projects with various simultaneous deadlines, as well as attention to detail with accuracy.
Position Specific Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record
- Fluency in English (Written and Verbal) – required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance in a manufacturing facility; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in the production area.
Capable of 24-hour, 7-day a week, emergency work assignments