QA Supervisor Elk Grove,
Job Ref: 36147
Objective: The QA Supervisor is responsible for supporting the QA Manager in developing, implementing and enforcing Food Safety Programs for The Company. This position plans and directs activities concerned with the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards. With the direction of the QA Manager, the QA Supervisor assists leading the plant in assessing food quality and safety and other initiatives to improve products and processes related to quality, food safety and consistency. The QA Supervisor assists the QA manager in providing quality and food safety leadership to employees. Participates in/leads projects to improve plant quality and food safety performance. The QA Supervisor will be responsible for implementing and maintaining SQF compliance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or equivalent field of study or 5 + years of work experience in QA.
2. Minimum 5 years experience in Food Manufacturing.
3. Experience with USDA, FDA or CA Dept. of Food & Agriculture guidelines/requirements.
4. SQF Certified Practitioner and Experience and must.
5. Experience working with Kosher, Organic and AIB programs.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Excellent analytical skills and mathematical skills.
8. Excellent problem-solving skills.
9. Must be able to multi-task and have a high degree of organizational skills.
10. Must be an excellent ‘team player’ and possess the ability to motivate and train direct reports.
11. Must have good judgment and the ability to make decisions.
12. Excellent interpersonal skills.
13. Must be reliable and prompt with all work activities and duties.
14. Must have the ability to perform work duties under demanding and spur-of-the-moment working conditions.
15. Excellent record keeping skills.
16. Must be able to work with and manage company confidential information.
17. Minimum 1 or 2 years experience in a leadership role.
18. Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus.
19. Must be proficient in computers skills to include MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and company ERP systems.
20. Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
Trainings/ Certifications Required:
· HARPC/ PCQI Certified
· SQF Implementation & Auditing Certified
· SQF Internal Auditing Training
II. Training Method:
· Food Safety Plant
· Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
· Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
· Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s)
· Microbiological Methodology Training
· Chemistry Methodology Training
· First Aid Training
· Safety Training
· Food Audit Training
· QAI Training
· Environmental Awareness Training
· Regulatory Agency Awareness (i.e. FDA)
· Product Quality – Standards and Specifications
· Company Line of Products
III. Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Support QA Manager with all QA activities (fill in when and as required).
2. Responsible for enforcing all company rules, policies and procedures.
3. Responsible for overseeing, training, disciplining and coaching of QA Staff as needed.
4. Responsible for conducting formal and informal (continuous feedback) employee performance appraisals.
5. Oversee raw materials policies.
6. Enforce and administer Food Safety Program including Metal Detection.
7. Conduct annual system review of SQF Program, Food Safety Plans, and Prerequisite Programs, including verification and validation activities.
8. Enforce and administer Weight Control Program.
9. Enforce and administer GMP Program.
10. Responsible for verifying company compliance to third party standards (such as SQF, AIB, NSF, QAI, Non-GMO, etc.), to achieve outstanding results.
11. Maintain up-to-date and organized QA records.
12. Enforce Product Specifications.
13. Enforce and administer outside lab samples program.
14. Enforce and administer and audit effective Preoperational Inspections to assure proper cleaning and sanitation of equipment.
15. Enforce and administer “Hold and Release Program”.
16. Enforce and administer Pest Control Program.
17. Enforce and administer Recall Program.
18. Manage Quality Assurance/Control Processes and Procedures (writing and implementing them as needed).
19. Perform Plant Audits.
20. Conduct and understand product testing (Physical, Microbiological & Chemical).
21. Promote an open and relaxed atmosphere to promote employee creativity and motivation.
22. Enforce and administer product-handling requirements.
23. Audit and enforce production floor policies and procedures assuring SQF compliance.
24. Enforce and administer chemicals labeling policy
28. Maintain and promote a firm safety discipline and enforce company safety policies. Report unsafe acts and conditions and take disciplinary action as needed.
29. Train and inform employees on the high costs of materials handling to help them understand the importance of using care at all times.
Monday to Friday