Maintenance Supervisor Duncanville, Texas
Job Ref: 36143
3RD SHIFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR OPENING IN DUNCANVILLE TEXAS
MUST HAVE FOOD EXPERIENCE
12 HOUR SHIFT 6:30pm TO 6:30AM
MANUFACTURING MAINTENANCE SUPERVISORS ONLY AND HANDS ON WITH PLC EXPERIENCE.
Job: Maintenance Supervisor
Summary: The Night Shift Maintenance Supervisor/Team Leader’s primary responsibility is work execution of all scheduled maintenance activities and assigned projects at the site. Accountable to the Maintenance Manager for the efficient and effective use of all maintenance resources and materials, while under direct supervision. Charged with the development of the trades assigned to ensure the site has a well-trained, effective, and efficient maintenance workforce. Provides support and technical guidance to department for proper job execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all planned job packages for labor requirements, materials, parts, methods, permits, and priorities.
- Distributes work orders directly to those assigned to perform the task.
- Evaluates all Emergency work identified to ensure an emergency response is necessary, or, directs the creation of a work order that can be planned and scheduled in the future.
- Ensures appropriate resources for each planned and scheduled job have the correct skill levels for proper work execution.
- Controls Job Execution. Directs Trades in the performance of approved maintenance jobs. Controls quality, duration, cost and thoroughness of all work under their direct supervision.
- Monitors each job closely by frequently visiting jobs in progress to ensure job quality and progress. Interfaces with the Production Department on any changes in duration or any other conditions that impacts the schedule.
- Ensures that all work, including modifications and changes to any process have a valid work order with all specified approvals.
- Ensures that good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed in the shop and on all job sites
- Actively leads safety awareness and information sharing meetings.
- Controls all maintenance overtime, tardiness, and absenteeism in accordance with established site standards.
- Devotes ample time to On-The-Job (OJT) training and observation of skills exhibited by each individual to determine where individual skills enhancements are necessary.
- Ensures the orderly conduct of maintenance team members with respect to company policy and procedures compliance. Also acts in the first step of the process to promptly and fairly resolve conflicts.
- Assures accurate distribution of time and materials to specific jobs by ensuring accurate work order completion information, including failure cause, action taken, component and condition found information within the work order system.
- Provides timely progress reporting to management on all maintenance cost and performance data with regular updates on relevant issues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Three years of operations management in a food manufacturing environment
- Preference for experience in frozen food manufacturing environment
- Safety Management and Risk Management experience with an ammonia refrigeration system preferred
- Solid technical skills to include: electrical, motor controls, pneumatics, refrigeration, welding, and PLCs.
- Knowledge of completing work orders for preventive maintenance and repair of industrial machinery to include: ovens, conveyors, freezers, packaging lines, etc.
- Proficient computer skills in spreadsheets; data bases and word processing
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products and processes
- Self-motivated, results orientated and excellent personal skills
- Strong knowledge in Maintenance and Reliability
- Strong knowledge/experience managing maintenance through CMMS ( Computerized Maintenance Management system )
- Strong background in HAACP; safety; GMP; and AIB
- Must have a hands-on work ethic
- Bilingual preferred
- Willingness to relocate
- Supervisory responsibilities include monitoring associate performance for a regular group or work unit. This includes providing input on hiring; disciplinary actions; work objectives and their effectiveness and realigning the department as needed. Also responsible for the development o both the Leadership and Technical group.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand; sit at a desk; walking around office and plant; lifting and carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; and reaching, kneeling, crawling and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see; hear; and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by the company will be provided.
- Position will be exposed to different levels of stress and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.