Maintenance Supervisor San Leandro, California
Job Ref: 36138
Location Corporate HQ
Scope of Responsibilities
Ensures all systems, such as packaging / processing equipment, moulding lines, water chillers, glycol systems, plant hot water systems, boilers and heat trace systems and facilities, are operational, running efficiently, and maintained to reduce downtime.
· Partners with the Safety Manager, and ensures a safety culture where no one gets hurt and that all accidents can be prevented.
· Reviews production schedules and estimates craftsman labor requirements and procedures for completion of job assignments. This will require a direct communication with Production, Engineering, and/or Quality Assurance.
· Evaluates situations, schedules work assignments and leads craftsmen in maintaining and repairing the manufacturing equipment, ensuring minimal downtime & efficiency.
· Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and OEM standards.
· Communicates with oncoming and off-going shifts at pass down meetings, ensuring a smooth work transition.
· Uses Root Cause Analysis to resolve problems, and/or assists craftsmen in resolving problems to prevent reoccurrences.
· Ensures proper training and upgrades skills of craftsmen on new equipment and/or procedures.
· Supports the Maintenance Planner in completing work orders and PM’s as needed.
· Understands and works within the Union contract.
· Maintain the Kronos time records and manage attendance issues providing timely coaching
· Ensures all policies and waivers are followed, including Day-of-Rest and Meal Waiver
· Oversees the parts inventory; critical spare parts, min/max of spare parts, bin locations and ordering with the Maintenance Manager.
· Ensures project work, PM completion and Work Order completion in full and on time.
· Schedules and conducts inspections and audits as required.
· Partner with any outside vendors or contractors as necessary.
· Evaluates, works with maintenance peers, and gets alignment around improving effectiveness of maintenance processes.
· Holds our employees accountable for the quality of their work and their relationship with their customers; coach and provide performance feedback to employees as necessary.
· Maintains existing 5S, Master Sanitation, Food Safety processes around maintenance work.
· Ensure maintenance processes are followed and properly documented.
· Orders parts when necessary.
· Assesses, identifies and implements training needs of staff, team leads, and participate in development of training programs when required.
· Ensure that training matrix is updated as needed.
· Partners with Human Resources Business Partner to ensure labor issues are addressed in a timely manner and within the guidelines of the collective bargaining agreement. (may involve participation in grievance meetings, contract negotiations, mediations or arbitrations as needed).
· Set expectations and priorities and holds employees accountable.
· Manage/resolve employee issues, disputes and/or grievances; elevate as necessary.
· Maintains a good balance between service levels and maintenance costs.
· Looks for cost improvements when possible.
· Recruits, trains, coaches, recognizes and lets go (when necessary) the crew members.
Our Company/Job Summary
The Maintenance Supervisor will drive the business objectives by supervising and developing a unionized team of 10 Maintenance Department personnel, giving work direction and ensuring they are working safely and efficiently.
The Maintenance Supervisor is at all times responsible for the quality of work, responsiveness, and safety of their crew to ensure the Company goals and objectives are met; daily, monthly, annual. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to supervise a crew of maintenance employees, team building, setting expectations and holding the team accountable for the quality, safety, efficiencies and sanitation of their assigned area.
The Maintenance Supervisor will supervise maintenance activities in all areas of the facility – This includes overseeing breakdown repairs, preventive and predictive maintenance and root cause analysis.
This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
This position, by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, is responsible for recommending, developing, implementing and managing safety, quality and food safety on all product lines.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
· Knowledge of State and Federal Safety Requirements.
· Strong written and oral communications skills*
· Strong knowledge of reactive, preventive and predictive maintenance processes
· Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects
· Ability to set priorities, be self-disciplined and consistent*
· Ability to lead and develop direct reports*
· Ability to identify training needs and to define training programs for Maintenance employees*
· Ability to work effectively in a union environment*
· Ability to work and function effectively in a union environment
· Good knowledge of food processing and packaging machinery preferred
· Strong computer literacy in MS Office and CMMS*
· Experience with high speed wrapping machines is preferred
· May be required to have a valid California driver’s license and driving record must meet GCC standards
Education and Work Experience:
· BA Degree or 4 to 8 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience*
· Experience in a food manufacturing environment, preferred