Compliance Manager Anaheim, California
Job Ref: 36132
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Report to: FLSA
Job Summary: Coordinates and is responsible for the monitoring of all regulatory programs. This includes but is not limited to HUD, TCAC, Bond, LAHD, HCD and other agencies.
Responsible to produce investors and/or owners reporting, upon request.
Maintain master calendar for required reports due dates, HUD rent increases, TCAC or other rent increases.
Monitor and approve rent schedules, rent income limits.
Complete and submit HUD Section 8 contracts and rent increase packages in a timely manner.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for building the foundation and implementing the compliance procedures and evolution of compliance responsibilities to the subordinates, corporate staff and properties.
Compliance Manager is responsible to ensure that the resident files for each development follow Tax Credit, HUD, Fair Housing, CRA, RHCP, MHP, CalHFA, MHSA, BOND, local, and other regulatory guidelines as well as in compliance with Company Policies and Procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains all data, rent schedules, reports and regulatory agreements on the Company computer and in RealPage Software’s, such as RP Leasing & Rents and RP Compliance
• Compiles, prepares, and disseminates required or requested reports to owners, investors, and lenders.
• Reviews and ensures Rent Rolls for each development are maintained with proper designation from the regulatory agreements.
• Assists Regionals, accounts receivables, owners, investors, lenders, and asset managers with any problems or questions regarding reports, schedules, etc.
• Ensures welfare exemptions are processed for submission to appropriate regulatory agency by preparing, reviewing, modifying, and certifying the Rent Roll for each development as of the end of the calendar year each year.
• Reviews and ensures distribution of Weekly Occupancy Report(s) as required by the owner, investor, or lender.
• In conjunction with Reports Specialist, prepares rent schedules for owner approval.
• Completes and submits HUD Section 8 contracts renewals and rent increases.
• Understanding of accounting and management software. • Review and approve rent schedules generated by report specialist
• Track and apply program functions in all aspect of compliance for all assigned properties.
• Track and respond to timely resolution of findings from internal audits by assigned staff to ensure uniformity of work product.
• Schedule periodic meetings with assigned staff to discuss concerns with portfolios, properties, reporting submissions/deadlines, etc
• Prepare and disseminate a written report (e.g. file discrepancies, corrections to be made) to Regional Manager and prepare responses to audits finding for all
• Prepare and interface with the Compliance Manager and direct Supervisor to design and implement an action plan for the correction of audit findings and long-term adherence of Company Compliance Policies and Procedures.
• Assist staff with review and preparation of resident files in preparation of governmental compliance audits and/ or investor audits; make necessary corrections as needed to ensure that the resident files are in compliance with the appropriate rules and regulations for each property. • Audit the physical site files against RP compliance and RealPage Leasing and Rents
• Works Closely with the Accounts Receivables dept to review monthly vouchering RP Compliance Monitoring and Implementation
• Gather and review all documents, regulatory agreements, compliance program and procedures for implementation of RP Compliance
• Track the projects implantation in RP Compliance
• Monitor and follow up on close out of Move-In file and Recertification Process in RP Compliance.
• Monitor all aspects of recertification process for all assigned properties and ensure that the CTCAC mandatory required first certification performed on anniversary move-in date and recertification completed accurately and within the established time frame.
• Monitor Files in RP Compliance and track submissions for Lease Up
• Keep weekly reports on Compliance status and meet with Regional Managers and Supervisors to review on follow up actions. Compliance Training
• Provide and Present Corporate and Field staff Quarterly Compliance Training for new hires. Train and guide Property Manager in qualifying applicants, initial certification, annual recertification, waiting list, application intake, denial process and file set up.
• Provide and Present Corporate and Field Staff Monthly Compliance Policy Updates, with Q & A (Questions and Answers) regarding policies and procedures.
• Review certification progress after Property Manager completes the interview process to ensure that all income and assets were verified.
Position Requisites (Education and/or Experience and Skills):
• 2+ years management or related experience.
• High School Diploma.
• Above average computer skills using MS Word and MS Excel.
• Above average organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.Working Conditions:
• Working environment is indoors, reasonably clean, well-lighted, and ventilated.
• Generally little or no probability of injury or health impairment.
• Requires light physical effort involving intermittent standing, sitting, or walking while performing duties, and occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds.
Amount of Time None Up to 1/3 Up to 2/3 2/3 Plus Stand X Walk X Sit X Use hands to finger, handle, or feel X Reach with hands or arms X Climb or balance X Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl X Talk or hear X Taste or smell X
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications require of employees assigned to this job.