Maintenance Manager Toluca Lake, Illinois
Job Ref: 36131
MAINTENANCE MANAGER OPENING TOLUCA, ILLINOIS !!
MUST HAVE STRONG AMMONIA REFRIGERATION AND TPM EXPEREINCE
TOLUCA, IL MAINTENANCE MANAGER (FULL RELOCATION)
SALARY RANGE : 100-108K NO HIGHER DEGREE IS PREFFERED
FOOD EXPEREINCE IS A REQUIREMENT
114,000 SQF PLANT
200 EMPLOYEES IN THIS PLANT
ITS THERE ITALIAN SIDE OF BUNIESS , THEY MAKE LEAN CUSINE AND THEY MAKE PAST AND STUFF FOR OLIVE GARDEN !!!
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing strategic direction and technical maintenance support to plant operations by directing and implementing processes and continuous improvement initiatives that will advance reliability and maximize operating conditions. This role is a critical member of the Plant Management Team and is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all plant and facility equipment as well as the technical direction of the Maintenance Staff.
The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) that are in effect, assuring the safety, quality and quantity of product produced.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Oversee Maintenance activities to include; electrical and mechanical servicing, maintenance and fabrication of production machinery and equipment, company owned utilities, and plant grounds.
- · Provides guidance, direction, and motivation to Maintenance and Operations to encourage ownership of results at all levels.
- · Manage critical components of Maintenance, including Preventive Maintenance programs, parts and storeroom operations, Clean/Inspect/Lubricate programs, etc.
- · Oversee and administer all aspects of plant’s CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), including Work Orders, Preventive Maintenance, Parts Procurement and Parts Inventory.
- · Advance the department culture with an integrated approach to maintenance, based on teamwork and cooperation.
- · Collaborate with the Maintenance Supervisor to assess Maintenance Technician performance and provide coaching and training as required.
- · Oversee Maintenance schedules and assignments for work activities, based on work priority.
- · Ensure work flow and productivity of the Maintenance, Purchasing and Parts functions is completed and maintained.
- · Monitor in progress work being completed to understand status of ongoing work, including delays and overruns.
- · Assist and lead the planning and installation of plant improvements and capital projects.
- · Review the needs of the equipment and systems down time to coordinate and perform maintenance with the production management team.
- · Develop work procedures for maintenance jobs with necessary information; including skills, tasks, parts, tools, auxiliary equipment, contractors, and estimated time required.
- · Work with maintenance supervisor, tradesmen, operations and production scheduling to coordinate maintenance shutdown schedule with the production schedule
- · Support plant environmental programs to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local regulations.
- · Promote and maintain a safe work environment through compliance with plant safety programs.
- · Perform all other work as required by the Company.
- · Associates Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or other technical field with three years of managerial experience, or 5+ years of progressive maintenance experience required.
- · Detailed knowledge of mechanical and electrical machine repair, PLC, preventative maintenance, HVAC, as well as the safe and efficient operation of plant utilities, such as boilers and chillers is required.
- · Experience with ammonia refrigeration systems preferred.
- · Prior maintenance experience in a food manufacturing setting is preferred.
- · Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate at all levels with internal employees and leaders and externally with outside consultants and suppliers.
- · Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written required.
- · Ability to interact and to manage conflict while maintaining composure and perspective.
- · Strong initiative and the ability to work with others to achieve desired results.
- · Working knowledge of MRO materials and equipment
- · Working knowledge of CMMS (MP2) (JDE) systems
- · Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office, specifically Outlook, Excel and Word
- · Experienced in mechanical and electrical blueprints/drawings
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs and ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Position occasionally requires climbing to high elevations. The employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and at times up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.