Journeymen (Conventional) Machinist Lake Forest, California
Job Ref: 36123
Position Title: Machinist/Journeyman
Reporting To: Sr. Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Job Purpose: Support Production Tooling and Engineering Development
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide In house machining support for production tooling
- Provide In house machining support for components.
- Provide In house machining support for engineering development parts.
- Provide input to designers/engineers with respect to changes relevant to ease of machining/cost reduction/component simplification.
- Oversee maintenance and safety of machine tools and equipment.
- Participate in the selection of machine tools and shop equipment.
- Adopt and implement the Quality Assurance Procedures-QAP and Departmental Work Instructions-DWI, identified in QEMS Employee Training Matrix located on the LAN.
- Conventional machine tools, such as lathes and milling for metals.
- Welding machines, such as TIG, MIG, and STICK
- Five (5) years of directly related experience.
- High School Graduate or Trade School Certification.