Manufacturing Engineer Lake Forest, California
Job Ref: 36121
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Job Purpose: Design, implement, validate, and document manufacturing processes for the manufacture of the mechanical components of Quantum’s fuel storage systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, integrate, and debug production tools and product testing equipment.
- Develop and implement production processes for new products.
- Create routers and visual instruction sheets (VIS’s) to ensure assembly of parts meet product requirements.
- Provide discrepant material disposition, assists in root cause analysis, and the creation and follow-up of corrective action plans.
- Work with the R & D Engineering and Quality Engineering in the development of production processes and related documentation.
- Conduct training classes for shop operators and supervisors to understand new or revised product and process changes.
- Analyze and measure the manufacturing processes to achieve maximum performance to meet the company goals and objectives of cost reduction and on time deliveries.
- Create Process Failure Mode Effects Analyses (PFMEAs) for process risk analysis and implement required actions based on severity, occurrence, and detection.
- Evaluate current and potential supplier’s capability to provide parts to specification.
Education and/or Experience:
- BSME Degree
- 3 years minimum experience in a production assembly / test environment.
- Microsoft Office (especially MS Excel)
- Experienced with data acquisition systems, programming PLCs, and programming filament winding machines
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred with a basic understanding of requirements of QS9000 / TS16949
- Experience with Unigraphics, LabView, JD Edwards, and Microsoft VISIO.