Maintenance Mechanic Concord, North Carolina
Job Ref: 36116
Plant In Concord North Carolina needs 3 maintenance mechanics out of machine shops. PLC experience is preferred. But must come out of a machine shop or metal manufacturing shop or building materials.
Openings are on 2nd & 3rd shift
2 openings on 2nd shift: 2:30PM – 11:30PM
1 opening on 3rd : 11:30PM -7:30am
M-F with some Saturdays
We need two tech’s for 3rd shift and one tech for 2nd
2:30PM to 11:30PM -11:30PM to 7:30am
Role: Inputs and maintains the data integrity of the shop floor inventory. Assists in the execution of the production plan. Function as group leader for areas, assuring uniform work flow according to priorities, keeping track of supplies and helping co-workers as needed.
- Main Interface: Reports to manufacturing supervisor
- Budget: N/A
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and rigging, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all machines, tools, equipment,and
- facilities support for our Concord facility.
- -Capable of set up and operation of a variety of both machine shop and maintenance repair
- -Basic electrical control troubleshooting required.
- -Use a variety of precision measuring and electrical instruments to assist in the job performance.
- -Wire electrically, size accordingly, and plumb both air and steam by either verbal instructions and
- or from a print support department mechancis though hands on training and or troubleshooting of
- equipment in production areas.
- -Hydraulic and pnuematic experience required
- -Welding experience required.
- -Machines, tools, and equipment used: tow motors, hand tools, power tools, machine shop
- equipment, micrometers, dial calipers, indicators, electrical test equipment, welding machine,
- cutting torch, skyjack or boomlift, plus any special tools or instruments required.
- -Material used: All types of original equipment, manufacturers replacement materials, or on site
- fabricated developments.
- -Follow all company lock out procedures
- -Insure proper facilities insurance compliance.
- -Operate fork lift trucks to move equipment and machinery
- -Move into position and install all machines and facilities equipment
- -Support engineering group on proposed project functions
- -Trouble shoot and maintain all machine tools and related equipment not mentioned above
- -Install, maintain, and repair all piping systems, pumps and related equipment
- -Maintain and repair all HVAC equipment
- -Maintain, repair, and operate boiler and chilled water systems.
- -Insure preventive maintenance procedures are followed as per manufacturers recommendations
- -Ability to work overtime as needed.
- -Interface and work directly with maintenance staff and other support groups.
- -Additional related duties as required.
- -Total Responsiblity to eliminate non-conformance within quality of products.
Education: High school diploma required. Additional college and vocational courses preferred andmay be required to broaden the individual's educational background. Required: 5 years maintenance experience in an injection molding environment
- Required to be able to read, write and perform basic math. Prefer high school degree or GED.
- Experience: Minimum three months manufacturing experience. Prefer fork-lift experience and data entry experience.
- Basic reading and writing skills in English
- Math skills
- Work Keys Scores of Math 4, Locating Information 5, Reading for Information 4
- ASI System, Matrix and NCR Database
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work overtime when necessary
- Able to stand the majority of the work day.
- Able to perform repetitive job functions; hand mobility, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Manual dexterity required for assembly and operating tools and machines.
- Ability to safely operate moving equipment properly without risk to self, others and equipment.
- Ability and applied knowledge of the material handler job description.
- Basic electrical control trouble shooting
- Use of a variety of precision measuring and electrical instruments
- Hydraulic and pneumatic experience with injection molding machines
- Welding experience
- Operate fork lift, skyjack and boom lift
- Maintain and repair HVAC equipment
- Maintain, repair and operate boiler and chilled water systems
- Insure preventative maintenance procedures are followed
- Ability to interface and work directly with maintenance staff and other support groups
- Wire electrically, size accordingly and plumb both air and steam by either verbal instructions or from a print
- Ability to work overtime as needed