Production Supervisor Walla Walla, Washington
Job Ref: 36110
The Production Supervisor will drive production/manufacturing results through ownership and accountability; ensure budgeted performance is reached on all lines; meet line performance objectives including changeover objectives; maintain washouts to required timelines; limit downtime. This position will work with maintenance to ensure appropriate operations/maintenance "handshakes", PM program adherence, training/knowledge sharing; communicate and redirect maintenance efforts to meet quality and productivity goals. Develop and implement systems to improve production efficiencies that are sustainable and repeatable. Essential Functions ?
• Must constantly focus on improving line performance, limiting downtime, improving changeover time on all lines. Ensure mechanical knowledge is communicated to all techs and operators as needed.
• Develop and deliver effective briefs, reports, meetings. Attend all inter-department meetings each day to coordinate plans, complete any required safety items, cross-train employees, ensure GMP and SQF compliance, verify QC checks on running product, verify all line checks are being performed, and complete visual observation of running product.
• Understand and know the short-term as well as long-range goals and targets for production and how they tie to the daily/weekly/monthly production plan.
• Continual monitoring and updating of SOP's as needed.
• Plan and execute effective line startups, ensure cleaning on all equipment is maintained, plan new product runs effectively.
• Implement the Production Department training matrix to maintain an accurate record of employees in need of training. Document expert knowledge and develop training program around that information. Track effectiveness of training thru weekly evaluation form. Certify each employee has completed training and are fully qualified and periodically validate.
• Lead meetings with employees at the end/beginning of a shift (debrief) communicating needed information for the business flow.
• Lead on projects to include but not limited to capital improvements on production lines and support systems, new product runs, packaging or container changes to existing products, consumer complaint issue investigations, line issue investigations including six sigma tool uses.
• Will also attend safety meetings and lead process improvement teams to generate ideas to improve efficiencies on the lines or any topic so designated.
• Develop plant operations knowledge of the main support systems needed to run an effective plant. Knowledge of the major pieces of support equipment that are essential to running the plant and impact of problems with these systems.
• Must communicate clearly with team what is expected and monitor performance and address inefficiencies thru coaching and positive motivation and/or formal disciplinary action, if required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager. Requirements Education & Experience:
• Undergraduate Degree in an Engineering related field (or equivalent experience) plus four (4) years experience in a production and/or engineering environment required..
• Strong leadership capabilities in a fast-paced production environment required.
• Previous experience in the food/beverage manufacturing industry preferred. Position-Specific Skills: • Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Windows, Excel, & Outlook) with the ability to learn new applications as required.
• This position will successfully lead and develop a team of 15-20 employees.
• An understanding of operational electrical and mechanical systems is a plus. Troubleshooting and Lean Manufacturing experience required.
• An understanding of SQF, responsibility for Food Safety /Food Quality and the responsibility to take action when notified or becomes aware of any Food Safety or Food Quality issue.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in an organized, detailed manner, given limited time frames.
• Must be flexible to work alternate shifts if production needs allow. Physical Demands:
• Physical – Continuously standing or walking.
• Visual/Sensory – This position requires regular need to give moderate attention with one or two senses at a time.
• Work Environment – Work and environment are very repetitive.