PM shift Maintenance Lead Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Ref: 36086
Reports to Maintenance Supervisor
Starting pay is $34/hr and there are 2 openings on the PM shift. Schedule goes Sun-Wed or Thur-Sun rotating every 4 weeks and you'll work from 4 pm to 4 am. There will be 6 mechanics and 1 automation tech on your team.
2/23/21 Just spoke with Viviana who says candidates MUST have food industry experience. It's okay if they had 2-3 years of food experience in the not too distant past and they want to get back into foods. Obviously they'd like current foods experience but they MUST have foods experience, at this time they won't consider candidates without foods. On the PM shift they currently have a couple of junior level people and they need a seasoned Lead type guy out of foods who can help guide the other techs.
SUMMARY: Maintenance Lead will provide day-to-day assistance to Department Supervisor with leadership and management of shift employees. As lead, will assist in establishing means and methods to insure all employees perform job functions correctly and safely and ensuring department expectations are met with adherence to company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and hold others accountable.
- Must be able to successfully work alongside of and with other maintenance techs.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with the day-to-day leadership and management for maintenance employees within department.
- In absence of Maintenance Supervisor, will direct, instruct and provide feedback to employees including communicating any changes in policies or procedures as needed.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to ensure all new hires are trained properly and existing employees perform their jobs safely, correctly, and with the highest level of quality and ability.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate all new employee activities and training relative to shift.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to follow up with staff and on daily processes when and where assigned.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in performing personnel administration for paperwork, planning, and work-flow analysis.
- In the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, record employee hours, attendance, and notify Maintenance Manager of any concerns.
- Performs all other tasks and responsibilities required of Maintenance Techs.
LEAD RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Supervises employees under the direction of the Supervisor and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic hydraulics/pneumatics experience
- Building and grounds maintenance experience
- Food or Medical plant experience is preferred
- Electrical experience (480/110/low voltage) – PLC/VFD knowledge is a plus
- Ammonia Refrigeration experienced is a plus
- Able to speak, read and write in English a must
- Bilingual skills a plus – English/Spanish
- Able to read and follow blueprints and electrical diagrams
- Experience in performing preventative maintenance
- Able to work extended work schedules including weekends and overtime – 10 hour rotating shifts
- Experience in a fast paced, cold, wet production environment
- Able to interface well with production line workers and supervisors
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Able to speak, read and write in English a must. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position is physically demanding and sometimes you must get into tight places.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Able to work extended work schedules including weekends and overtime – 12 hour rotating shifts.