Maintenance Technician Oceanside, California
Job Ref: 36084
The maintenance mechanic position performs all aspects of diagnosing equipment and supports all functions in repairs, modifications, upgrades and installations. This is a skilled position that requires attention to detail in replacement of defective parts and remedies to eliminate continued problems during the performance of various equipment. Some of the roles of a mechanic shall include PMs to equipment, routine inspections, constant communication with the Lead mechanic, prioritizing work, work unsupervised or as part of a team, be involved with continued training, multi-tasking, motivated and a self-starter. Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Uses full range of tools (hand, welding, machine shop equipment) to perform install, repair, rebuild or overhaul work of manufacturing or service equipment from blueprints , company manufacturing manuals, written or verbal instructions.
• Starts up and shuts down equipment in line with safety procedures for equipment under power and CAL-OSHA requirements.
• Sets up and tests production equipment under power, testing for mechanical difficulties, tracing to their sources and correcting problems.
• Full knowledge and demonstration of welding, pipe—fitting, blueprint reading, fabrication, hydraulic and pneumatic trouble shooting, power transmission diagnosis, repair and critical alignment. Keeps tools in good repair. Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
• Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems. Complete work orders, tool inventories and preventive maintenance forms.
• Performs fabrication of metal guards, painting, oiling and greasing as deem necessary by supervision.
• Attends required training sessions, including but not limited to safety, human resources, quality and environmental.
• Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken.
• Reports accidents, safety concerns, unsafe acts, near-misses and property damage immediately to supervision.
JOB DESCRIPTION 2 Qualifications
• Good mechanical skills, good manual dexterity and the ability to troubleshoot problems
. • Able to use electrical testing instruments to diagnose malfunctions.
• Skills in interpreting electrical schematics and drawings.
• Able to work with High and Low Voltage.
• Knowledge of the Ohms Law.
• Electrical troubleshooting.
• PLC experience.
• Motor Controls and VFDs.
• Gearboxes and bearings.
• Ability to use strong attention to detail skills on a regular basis when performing daily duties. • Ability to be a self-starter.
• Ability to read and write English, basic math and computer skills.
• Technical degree in mechanical field and 5+ years of related experience, preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.