Electrical & Process Engineer Portland, Oregon
Job Ref: 36077
Electrical & Process Engineer
Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long-term disability protection, 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, and much more.
We are currently hiring for an experienced Electrical & Process Engineer position.
The Electrical & Process Engineer will be responsible for electrical and process support primarily for our automated bedding line and secondary pour line. This role will also help grow DTC and become a regional expert as the company grows.
• Support the maintenance team with ABL functionality helping to resolving programing issues and by coordinating with the manufacturer and corporate engineering team as required
• Provide the technical leadership to implementation teams as needed and in the area of manufacturing automation utilizing: Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and databases
• Update the configurations of the systems and the training and advanced troubleshooting to the site.
• Assists with both electrical and PLC systems maintenance, repairs & upgrades, and improvements
• Able to effectively troubleshoot PLC related systems and software/programming issues repair.
• Diagnose electrical issues and work with the maintenance team to remedy
• Assist the maintenance team with Preventative Maintenance of the Line
• Design, cost, modify and install new components on Automated Bedding Line
• Addresses all potential Safety Risks online
• Supports Pour Line in same fashion as Automated Bedding Line
• Drives to continuously improve production of the ABL and Pour lines
• Some travel 10%
• Experience with the following equipment and software:
o Familiar with Allen-Bradley PLCs and HMI
o Proficient in the use of Studio 5000
o Basic knowledge of FactoryTalk, Wonderware
o Basic Knowledge of programming and troubleshooting motors, VFD’s, and servos
o Can troubleshoot basic electrical and networking problems
o Knowledge of NFPA79 and NFPA70E and can apply their principles
o Familiar with relevant safety related ISO standards
• Lean Manufacturing experienced highly desired
• Experience documenting process steps/routing
• SAP experience desirable
• Minimum Associates in engineering preferably Process, Manufacturing or Electrical, (Bachelors preferred).
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience with Associates, or 2-3 years’ experience with a Bachelors’ working on automated manufacturing lines.
• Industry experience is preferred
• Ability to apply analytical skills in process troubleshooting and diagnostics
• Team player as well as an individual contributor
Please submit your desired salary requirement with resume
Building our future together. Company is a leading producer of foam innovation in the bedding, furniture, industrial, home & office, healthcare, and transportation markets. We have made it our mission to provide tailored solutions that delight our customers and consumers. With our corporate headquarters, high-tech research and development facility, and multiple manufacturing locations in North America, company has built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Our products include finished goods, sub-assemblies, services, and raw materials for OEMs, fabricators, and retailers. You will find company's foam innovations inside, around, and under yourself in countless applications.