Quality Engineer Newark, California
Job Ref: 36072
• Reports to the Quality Manager.
• Works hand-in-hand with Manufacturing to ensure production is meeting customer
expectations and complying with internal and external quality requirements (ISO/AS).
• Design Quality Plans for new and existing programs.
• During and at the completion of production, sign off on quality plans/work instructions
and verify their completeness.
• Identify potential areas for improvement and follow thru on implementation of process
• Lead MRB meetings (disposition and corrective action as needed).
• Issue and manage SCAR’s for CA implementation and verification.
• Develop rework processes (when necessary) with Manufacturing.
• Complete FAIR’s documentation when needed.
• Work with suppliers to improve quality, reduce scrap/rework, lower cost/lead times.
• Identify opportunities to apply SPC analysis.
• Manage calibration of measuring tools (performed by outside vendor).
• Issue and Process RMA’s.
• Prepare Certification Packages for production shipments.
• Review and approve incoming Supplier Certifications.
• Other Duties / Responsibilities as required.
• Due to ITAR requirements, must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent green card holder.
• Strong understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
• Firm understanding of hands-on mechanical inspection and setup.
• Experience creating in-process inspection control plans.
• Experience working with Engineering/Machining to troubleshoot manufacturing defects.
• Experience with quality tools and methodologies in a manufacturing/engineering
• 2 to 5 years prior Quality Engineering experience, preferably in Aerospace Machining or
Contract Manufacturing environment.
• Experience with one or more of the following Quality Standards: ISO/AS.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or advanced Excel skills.
• SolidWorks CAD experience.
• Two-year or four-year degree.
Note: We are a drug-free workplace. We conduct pre-employment drug screens and random monthly
Company is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.