Plastic Process Technicians Concord, North Carolina
Job Ref: 36068
Plastic Manufacturing Process Technician 18.90 per hour and after 18 months goes up to 24.15 per hour. Must have plastic injection mold, prefer they had set up, process, die changing experience.
Shift :3rd shift Sunday/Thursday 11:00PM -7:30AM with OT required
Job Title: Process Technician
Role: Inputs and maintains the data integrity of the shop floor inventory. Assists in the execution of the production plan. Function as group leader for areas, assuring uniform work flow according to priorities, keeping track of supplies and helping co-workers as needed.
- Main Interface: Reports to Manufacturing Supervisor
- Budget: N/A
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven expeirence and knowledge in scientific molding principles
- Responsible for setting molds and automation, starting up/processing parts, daily PM tasks and working with other department leads to ensure they have the parts they need.
- Lead set up techs in the department to ensure process effecieny
- Motivated and motivating.
- Problem solver.
- Work to meet productivity objectives.
- Strong skills in trouble shooting molding issues to determine area of problem (mold, machine or material)
- Utilize 5S, continuous improvement and Lean tools daily to improve the department.
- Process & results driven
- Education: Required to be able to read, write and perform basic math. Prefer high school degree or GED.
- Experience: Minimum three months manufacturing experience. Prefer fork-lift experience and data entry experience.
- Basic reading and writing skills in English
- Math skills
- Work Keys Scores of Math 4, Locating Information 4, Reading for Information 4
- ASI System, Matrix and NCR Database
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work overtime when necessary
- Able to stand the majority of the work day.
- Able to perform repetitive job functions; hand mobility, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Manual dexterity required for assembly and operating tools and machines.
- Ability to safely operate moving equipment properly without risk to self, others and equipment.
- Ability and applied knowledge of the material handler job description.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required to be worn:
- Hearing Protection
- Eye Protection
- Certifications Required
- Fork-lift Certification.