Journeyman Electrician Lincoln, Rhode Island
Job Ref: 36061
The candidate needs a Rhode Island journeyman’s electrical license.
Job Description: MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN
Candidate must be willing to work 8/hour days, Monday thru Friday, with overtime as needed.
PLC TROUBLESHOOTING/480 VOLT /3 PHASE
Current Openings on: 2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm & 3rd Shift: 11pm-7am
Seeking an experienced Industrial RI Journeyman licensed Electrician with 3-phase, 480V, and industrial troubleshooting experience to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical equipment on continuous manufacturing equipment, using hand, power, and precision measuring tools. The Electrician diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. The Electrician is responsible for the connection of wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components. Responsible for observing and following all safety regulations with required PPE.
- Ability to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Maintain electrical equipment to meet regulatory codes at the country, state and federal levels.
- Perform rigging activities, safety-related functions and other miscellaneous electrical functions.
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of shop tools (both hand and power).
- Demonstrate mechanical knowledge
- Competent with programming of VFD’s.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and high lift.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot PLC’s
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade workers.
- Perform duties in a work environment that will be hot, cold, dirty and fast-paced.
- Self-starter yet able to take orders as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RI Journeyman licensed required
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible journey level industrial electrical experience;
- Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background, drug and work screen.
- Regular shift 8 hours; must be available overtime when needed- weekends, & to cover call-outs.
- Candidate must have a strong desire to be a part of high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-orientated culture