Maintenance Electrician-EGEM or Mechanic-GEM (WA) Tukwila, Washington
Job Ref: 36056
The EGEM Mechanic will inspect, repair, install, modify, and maintain electrical/electronic systems, circuits and other production equipment;
perform repairs, preventive and corrective maintenance on, plant equipment, production machinery and facility. Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
• Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems, electrical power supply and control circuits.
• Troubleshoot, locate root problems and repair blow molders, baggers & support equipment.
• Program and troubleshoot PLC systems.
• Perform mold, pin and other mechanical changes.
• Maintain machines in optimal processing condition.
• Perform hydraulic checks and changes on valves, hoses and pumps.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on all related equipment.
• Perform welding and fabrication as needed.
• Solicit information and feedback from other departments toward repair and efficient operation of machines.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
The requirements listed below are minimum requirements for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; 3-5 years’ maintenance and electrical experience required.
• LANGUAGE SKILLS:
• The EGEM must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, forms, and memos and complete simple
forms in English.
• CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
May require a current OSHA forklift certifications
• Safe Work Practices
• Electro-mechanical skills
• Problem Solving in Production & Continuous Improvement
• Effective Communication
• Self Management
• Basic Computer Skills
GEM JOB SUMMARY:
The General Plant Equipment Maintainer will perform repairs, preventive and corrective maintenance on production machinery, plant blow mold equipment and facility.
‘B’ grade GEM has the experience and proven ability to perform the duties listed below with moderate supervision and provide training and oversight to a ‘C’ entry level GEM..
“A” grade GEM has the experience and proven ability to perform the duties listed below with minimal supervision, and provide training and oversight to ‘B’ and ‘C’ entry level GEM’s
ESSENTIAL SKILLS include but are not limited to the following:
Ability to inspect, repair, rebuild and/or replace all electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components and assemblies on all manufacturing equipment.
Preventive maintenance experience is a plus.
Any plastic processing experience is a definite plus.
Welding and fabrication skills are a plus, but not required.
Ability to safely operate machine shop equipment ie, lathe, mill, surface grinder, drill press.
Skilled in troubleshooting electrical problems from schematics
Ability to troubleshoot PLC logic is a plus but not required
Good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic components with the ability to read and troubleshoot from drawings.
A good understanding of mechanical components, that is gear boxes, drives, sprockets, chains, belts, sheaves, shafts, bearings, rods, etc. with the ability to identify and correct potential component failures.
Knowledge and experience in root cause analysis problem solving.
And all other duties as assigned by management.