Maintenance Technician Ocala, Florida
Job Ref: 36053
Will work on silos, mills, motors, conveyors, towers/structures. This is an opportunity to get some experience with PLC troubleshooting/switching, will also learn to do PM’s on large dozers, excavators, dump trucks, etc.. You don’t need to have PLC skills but if you do understand PLC’s that’s a plus. Desired pay range is $24-$28/hr, Monday – Thursday (4 10’s; 5 am – 3 pm with half hour lunch, evenings/weekends are on a rotational basis (includes an incentive on top of your rate – if you come in for say a quickie 30 minutes to take care of something, you’ll get paid for 2 hours), right now until they shore up the maintenance crew again, you should expect to work every other Friday. They want the tech to perform mobile equipment work (large dozers, excavators, dump trucks, etc.) along with mechanical skills. The mechanical skills are the primary responsibility that they are looking for though, you’ll learn the mobile equipment, crushers, conveyors. Should have heavy industrial experience like automotive, presses, paper converting, large vending like caterpillar, roofing, mining, or even someone out of the Navy might have experience with some of the same electrical equipment, 480v – similar motors, gears.
Not a full relocation package, assistance with moving expenses if you're out of the area, 2k-3k reimbursement but could also give a lump sum.
Benefits are effective day one, 401k match up to 5% (first 3% is dollar for dollar, the next 2% is at 50% match), family coverage cost would be about $400 a month (including wellness program) which is their most expensive plan.
Required Experience: Previous maintenance experience is preferred. Must have three to five years of work experience in fast paced manufacturing environment.
Preferred Experience: five (5) plus years
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the safe and efficient preventative maintenance and repair activities of the fluid bed dryer, granulation / milling systems and shipping systems in the plant / crusher. While also supporting and/ or leading the safe and efficient preventative maintenance/lubrication/repair activities of the quarry/plant mobile equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS: What are the 5-8 major responsibilities/activities of the role and 2-3 major expectations attributed to each activity?
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in shop area.
- Visual inspections of all process equipment in plant/quarry.
- All PM activities related to process equipment; greasing/oiling, maintaining filters etc.
- Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical issues with process equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical issues with mobile equipment.
- Operate service truck with crane to replace components of failed equipment.
- Mechanic work involving hand tools and air powered tools.
- Complete work place exams and equipment pre-shift inspections noting any safety or equipment defects.
- Generate necessary documents as defined by the quality system.
- Communicate defects to manager.
- Complete Safe Quality inspection reports as necessary.
- Attend scheduled safety meetings.
- Enforce all applicable safety policies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Promote safety among co-workers.
- Participate in Behavior Based Safety program.
- To back up any qualified position as assigned by supervisor.
- To be backed up by any qualified team member as assigned by supervisor.
- Understand and work within Safe Quality Food certification requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
ATTRIBUTES: What are the Essential Knowledge/Skills/Abilities for this position?
- Problem Solving – uses logic and methods to help solve plant operating problems.
- Communication Skills – clear written and verbal instructions and notes are essential.
- Working Knowledge – must understand the mechanics of the mobile equipment.
- Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be on-call, or work seven days a week, if needed.
- Must be able to multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency to meet the customer needs.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and take instructions from management and co-workers.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Must possess the basic reading and math skills
- Must have good written and verbal communicate skills.
- Strong record of attendance reliability
- Safety Oriented with the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job duties required of this job
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all plant locations.
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
- Will be working at times in covered environment but mainly in a mining environment.
- The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Mineral Particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Ability to consistently lift over 50 pounds as needed.