Quality Assurance Manager Santa Clarita, California
Job Ref: 36032
Direct all quality assurance activities for the Company. The Quality Assurance Manager will perform
duties which support the company’s QA and operational key indicators as well as verify all products
to ensure Food Safety, Quality and SQF Code standards and specifications are met. Works directly
with manufacturing to schedule and control inspection activities and to enforce requirements as
specified by raw materials, ingredients, products and package specifications, and regulatory
agencies. Reviews documentation for completeness and accuracy. Works with research and
development during new product start-ups and establishes checkpoints for testing new products
and processes to ensure compliance legal requirements for food manufacturing and compliance to
certifications on quality and food safety programs. Initiates corrective action for procedural product
or process deficiencies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following):
Some of the duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state
or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as
requested by management.
• Responsible for establishing, implementing, and directing quality control and food safety
efforts to ensure that requirements for processing components and other materials into
finished goods and products conform to quality standards.
• Oversee SQF Code as Corporate SQF Practitioner to all Drink-Pak facilitates and to maintain
• Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspections, testing, and evaluation.
• Establish programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and
testing, measurement and analyze equipment and facility.
• Oversee HACCP systems as HACCP Coordinator validating, testing and assurance
• Development and implantation of Laboratory SOPs and Standards.
• Oversee Quality Technicians.
• Document quality information and prepare reports and/or manuals.
• Review production and quality reports on a weekly basis being aware of any quality
• Follow-up on corrective actions when quality deviation occurs.
• Perform as Lead Auditor when conducting Internal Audits.
• Participate on projects for continuous improvement.
• Oversee all customer complaints.
• Set up the quality assurance systems for proper certification.
• Support translation of product specifications to appropriate manufacturing documentation.
• In case of Recall act as coordinator according to current policy and FDA Requirements.
Food Safety and Regulatory Requirements/Responsibilities
• Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA,TTB, HACCP, and SQF
• Conduct verification of monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food
safety and quality specifications.
• Participates in the yearly review of the food safety system.
• Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
• Suggest and implement changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase
food safety and efficiency of operations departments.
• Interface with other departments and trainers to develop and implement food safety
programs as required. Other responsibilities.
SPECIFIC SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Able to work to a high degree of detail.
• Leadership and management.
• High level of competence using Microsoft Excel to create automated reports.
• SQF Practitioner training course a plus.
• PCQI certification required.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree plus five years’ experience in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or Food
Science or a technically related field.
• Experience with FDA and Quality Systems rules, regulations, including planning and
• Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Management Position.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Food Manufacturing, 3 years’ experience in Beverage
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in implementation of food safety and quality programs.
• Juice HACCP preferred