Maintenance Purchasing and Inventory Specialist Elk Grove,
Job Ref: 36031
I. JOB TITLE: Maintenance Inventory & Purchasing Specialist
II. Minimum Required Qualifications:
1. Must have proficient communications skills both verbal and written. 2. Must have proficient math skills. 3. Must have proficient analytical skills. 4. Must have proficient problem solving skills. 5. Must have proficient organizational skills. 6. Must have proficient interpersonal skills. 7. Must be an excellent team player. 8. Must be self-motivated. Able to take the initiative. 9. Must have parts purchasing experience 10. Must have parts inventory management experience. 11. Must be able to work independently 12. Mechanical and electrical knowledge base 13. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point. 14. Finance experience a plus 15. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus. 16. Must have a valid driver’s license.
III. Method of training: On the job training
1. General Job responsibilities 2. Inventory Control Specialist Priorities 3. Parts purchasing. Processes and Procedures. 4. Inventory control. Processes and procedures. 5. Data entry and records keeping. 6. Preventive Maintenance Program. 7. GMP’s -Good Manufacturing Practices. 8. Company rules and regulations. 9. Will receive general training and orientation that will include; -Plant Safety and Emergency Procedures -OSHA Required Safety Programs -Environmental Awareness Control and Recycling Program -Chemical usage training
IV. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the procurement and administration of spare parts and operating supplies. 2. Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures for spare parts usage and inventory control.
3. Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date spare parts list for each piece of equipment and for identifying and maintaining physical and electronic inventory locations for same. 4. Responsible for establishing and implementing minimum and maximum inventory levels for spare parts and for tracking their dollar value. The objective is to achieve adequate parts inventory levels while managing cost. 5. Responsible for maintaining adequate purchasing records, inventory reports as well as expense summaries to track against department budget. 6. Responsible for receiving, inspecting and verifying all purchases and auditing invoices for accuracy. 7. Conducts weekly cycle counts of inventory on hand for both spare parts as well as Operating supplies. Will coordinate physical inventory counts as required. 8. Responsible for maintaining storage and inventory locations clean, organized and efficient. Parts and operating supplies should be easy to access and count. 9. Operates indoor and heavy duty outdoor forklifts, Company vehicles and other necessary equipment, to properly handle materials being received and stocked. 10. Will use Company vehicle to pick up parts and or supplies from local vendors. 11. Responsible for buying and negotiating for competitive pricing. 12. Will develop a strategic “business partnerships” for the purpose of reducing cost, purchasing lead times and in-house inventory levels. 13. Will coordinate the repair and/or refurbishment of used parts as needed. 14. Responsible for coordinating and scheduling all outside service activity. 15. Other duties as assigned.
V. Working Conditions:
1. Will work in front of a computer for a period of time, continual walking and standing on hard surface, climbing and descending steps. Continual bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing and lifting up to 50 lbs. 2. Continual driving to purchase parts and or maintenance supplies. 3. Exposed to cool, hot temperatures and noise.