QC Technician East Brunswick, New Jersey
Job Ref: 36007
QC TECH EAST BRUNSWICK NJ. PAY IS 18.00HR PLUS A 50 CENT SHIFT DIFF. SHIFT IS 7PM-5:30AM MON-FRI!!! plastics background is a requirement
Perform routine checks, tests, gauging and instrument inspections of materials, goods in process and finished goods. Separation of acceptable and unacceptable product.
- Makes recommendations to Manager and Production leaders regarding observations and findings
- Records test information accurately, on the computer and in neatly written shift reports
- Works closely with front line, operators and production supervisors to advise when adjustments are needed.
- Notifies supervisor when inspection data exceeds acceptable limits or when major incidents of poor quality are noted.
- Follows procedures for containments and placing defective drums on HOLD
- Aids in the planning, promotion and organizing of training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- May be required to assist with testing on samples and special situations
- Must perform all duties in the department in a safe manner and consistent with all company safety rules
- Conduct UN performance testing, completing appropriate documentation and maintain records to satisfy contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Perform incoming, in-process and final inspection to verify process and product quality.
- Develops and demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of established quality policy, procedures and instructions.
- Various other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Provide backup support for SHEQ manager
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2 years related trade school training; or equivalent of education and experience in similar environment
- Use and understanding of precision measuring instruments and gauges, specifications, charts and diagrams
- Ability to accurately read measuring devices, blueprints, product specifications and test procedures
- Good hand/eye coordination and motor skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to operate a Forklift in a safe manner, or ability and willingness to learn
- Computer skills are required; familiarity with windows and Microsoft office suite
- Strong attention to detail and recordkeeping
- Ability to lift 55 lbs.
- Requires good hand/eye/foot coordination and motor skills.
- Must be able to stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel and/or crouch for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Vision: 20/20 corrected and normal hearing range.