Lead Ammonia Refrigeration Technician Louisville, Kentucky
Job Ref: 36003
Utilities Lead Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
6:30 TO 3PM M-F AND SATURDAYS ARE OVERTIME
31.10 PER HOUR
MUST HAVE RETA CERTIFICATION
FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT!!!
Utilities Lead Refrigeration Technician
Under the direction of the Sr Facilities Manager, the Utility Lead will manage the daily maintenance activities in a multi campus food production plant. Plan and coordinate activities related to refrigeration, maintenance, industrial water heaters, air compressors, fire suppression and electrical systems. Maintain safe, effective and functional facilities by directing installation, maintenance, and repair of machines, tools, equipment, and utility systems for food processing plant.
- Collaborates with the manager to help drive Certification in RETA CARO and CIRO. Train, teach, coach ‘Conagra Brands Utilities Training Program’ for all direct reports.
- Provide coaching and skill development to the Utility and Operations teams in loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management to sustain a proactive planned maintenance program.
- Collaborates with the Operation Managers, Utilities manager, and facility management to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Managing the PSM/RMP program will include supporting documentation for CUPA, USEPA, Local OSHA, Fed-OSHA and RAGAGEP. Update written documents for RMP/PSM. Assist in preparing and maintaining Process Safety Information. Leading the Process Hazard Analysis and correcting issues that result from audits in a timely manner. Leading in monthly compliance meetings that address ongoing and upcoming compliance issues.
- Help manage the budget. Forecast and schedule for large spends. Involve the team to have shared ownership.
- Evaluate Maintenance personnel skills and abilities and assist Manager with developing training programs for employees’ growth. Must be able to direct and motivate through influence and leadership.
- Schedule Work Orders and Labor Allocation for direct reports, verifying completion in a timely and safe manner.
- Lead our shutdown and start-up work programs to minimize the risks to the product, people and production losses.
- Manage work schedules to utilize maintenance skill sets in the proper areas to ensure minimal impact to operations.
- Establish and run the weekly, monthly, yearly maintenance plans to ensure essential maintenance is completed within a reasonable time.
- Utilizes mechanical and electrical expertise to maintain ammonia refrigeration systems, utilities, water heaters, industrial air compressors and fire retention systems.
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that all utilities (i.e. refrigeration, electrical, hot water, compressed air systems, etc.) are in proper working order to support production.
- Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance performance indicators to create overall equipment effectiveness.
- Remains current with state and federal regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Complete all paperwork including maintenance records, incident reports and root cause analysis, as assigned by management. Maintain current technical documentation on PLCs, instrumentation and equipment (PLC ladder logic, blueprints, manuals, SOPs, maintenance procedures, PMs, inventory/parts purchasing.
- Contribute and adhere to companies “best practices” within the department.
- Monitor and enforce policies, plant procedures and programs with employees, contractors, vendors, consultants and suppliers (i.e. safety, food safety, regulatory, etc.).
- Engages in team building skills with emphasis on planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Minimum of seven (7) years industrial maintenance experience in ammonia refrigeration. RETA certifications in CARO and CIRO is a must.
- Prior experience supervising a crew,
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and seven (7) years related experience and/or training.
- A strong working knowledge of government regulatory PSM/RMP programs and prior experience in managing/maintaining these programs.
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of water heaters, refrigeration, PLCs, electrical, cooling towers, ammonia compressors and packaging equipment. Efficient in electronics, instrumentation and electrical systems and troubleshooting, reading electrical schematics and understand ladder logic. Ability to calculate basic mathematical equations and formula
- Able to teach/coach others working skills of the trade.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Control Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary principles.???????