Electro-Mechanic Statesville, North Carolina
Job Ref: 35991
MUST BE OPEN TO 1ST & 2ND SHIFT
ELECTRO MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
26-30 PER HOUR
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Grade: Non-Exempt
General Statement of Duties
This position is responsible for troubleshooting PLC and electrical issues. Also implement automation of
new or existing equipment to improve current processes by eliminating safety issues and reduce costs.
The Electro-Mechanic will also work with the maintenance team to keep machinery and equipment in good
repair to manufacturer specifications.
Essential Job Function
Always Observe and perform all lockout-tag out procedures
• Modify or basic programming of PLCs for new automation projects
• Troubleshoot and identify malfunctioning components
• Examines machines for defects in operation, replaces defective parts
• Will be involved with removal of old equipment or setup and installation of new equipment.
• Implement poke-yokes for quality issues
• Performs general, non-specialized tasks in the maintenance of the building and general property
• Install electrical components and knowledge of 480v 3 phase
• Ability to use man-lifts and lift trucks
• Mechanical and electrical disassembly, repair and reassemble
• Installation of piping systems for air, water, and gas
• Follow Preventive maintenance schedules of equipment
• Assist to maintain repair parts, inventory.
• Help keep maintenance area clean and organized to 5s standards.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
• Must understand production equipment and its effect upon safety and product quality.
• Must have a general or working knowledge, average skill and experience with ordinary to semicomplex equipment.
• Ability to recognize quality problems, identify equipment malfunctions, determine corrective actions
to be taken and implement such corrective actions.
• Computer literate.
• Have good Electrical Skills and trouble shoot electrical components.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Must be capable of effectively communicating with employees, management team, and others.
• To aid in the plan to improve operational efficiency and to lower the unit cost of maintenance
• Teamwork skills are essential.
• Occasional heavy lifting required
• Must be able to work independently, with little or no supervision.
• Conscientious and attention to detail.
Education and Experience Required
• Minimum 3-5 years Electrical and PLC experience with Allen Bradley SLC 500, Micrologix 1400 and
Siemens is a plus
• Vocational or Technical school graduate in maintenance or electrical trade
• Experience performing routine maintenance, such as machine lubrication, preventive maintenance
and hydraulic systems.