Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Richmond, Virginia
Job Ref: 35987
Richmond VA Salaried role : 60-70k day shift 7am – 3:45PM M-F with occasional extended or Saturday hours.
This position supports Plant Operations by ensuring the proper maintenance on all plant equipment in a recycling operations facility in the Richmond, VA area. This includes the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe, sanitary, and efficient condition. The schedule for this position is typically 7:00am-3:45 pm Monday – Friday with occasional extended or Saturday hours. This is a salaried position with a salary range of $60,000 to $70,000.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, etc.
* Maintain a clean, organized, sanitary and safe work area.
* Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, processing equipment, and utility systems (to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations).
* Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations
* Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
* Performing and recording preventative maintenance schedule
* Complete work orders in a timely manner while maintaining high quality standards
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
* Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- High Scholl Diploma or GED required, technical school degree or certification preferred
- Ideal Candidate will have a minimum of 2 years industrial machinery maintenance experience, but 3 – 5 years of experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in the recycling industry is preferred.
- Prior Experience with hydraulics and electrical controls experience is required.
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Frequent Stooping and Bending
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Operate heavy equipment properly and safely
- Follow all OSHA and company policies
- Have basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulics