Maintenance Technician Newark, California
Job Ref: 35980
Tuesday through Saturday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Under direct (and eventually non-direct) supervision, the Maintenance Technician will perform electrical, electronic and mechanical troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repairs on CNC Machines, high temperature vacuum furnaces, hydrogen generators, chillers and the building.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform mechanical work, major equipment overhaul, motor/gearbox replacements, valve and pumps
maintenance, and lube routes.
• Perform maintenance, electrical troubleshooting, and repair of facility systems.
• Actively participate in brainstorming sessions and open to exchange of information.
• Maintain records to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs to meet regulatory compliance.
• Follow safety policies and procedures.
• Basic computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Able to be certified to operate power equipment (forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds.
• A high school diploma or GED; technical school a plus.
• Knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
• Ability to work overtime as it is mandatory and weekend.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be U.S. citizen or permanent green card holder.
• Fundamental knowledge and understanding of PLCs.
• Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Experience with 3-phase 480-volt industrial electrical systems, electrical wiring, electrical conduit, and
motor control circuits.
• Two years’ experience in plant & Industrial maintenance.
• Plumbing and HVAC.
• Positive work ethic and attitude.
• Quality oriented with high attention to details.
• Ability to multitask and efficiently handle multiple priorities.
• Willing to learn.
Important Note: All candidates must be a U.S. citizen or permanent green card holder. Also, if selected, we will conduct a background check and a drug/alcohol screen. The drug/alcohol screen is a hair test, which looks back 90 days, and a urine test. We also conduct monthly random urine tests on site. And even though marijuana is legal in California, a positive for marijuana would eliminate the candidate from consideration.
Company is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.