Set Up Technician Concord, North Carolina
Job Ref: 35977
Setup Technicians must be forklift certified as well and also must have experience Setting and pull molds for injection molding machines. Lets hit this hard pay is pretty decent at $18.13 per hour no higher.
Job Title: Set Up – Plastics
Role: Set and pull molds for injection molding machines.
Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting molds and automation, starting up/processing parts, daily PM tasks and working with other department leads to ensure they have the parts they need.
- Motivated and motivating.
- Problem solver.
- Work to meet productivity objectives.
- Good understanding of scientific molding principles.
- Strong skills in trouble shooting molding issues to determine area of problem (mold, machine or material)
- Utilize 5S, continuous improvement and Lean tools daily to improve the department.
- Process & results driven
- Education: Required to be able to read, write and perform basic math. Prefer high school degree or GED.
- Experience: Minimum three months manufacturing experience. Prefer prior mechanical experience
- Basic reading and writing skills in English
- Math skills
- Work Keys Scores of Math 3, Locating Information 4, Reading for Information 3
- Have knowledge of ASI System, Matrix and NCR Database preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work overtime when necessary
- Able to stand the majority of the work day.
- Able to perform repetitive job functions; hand mobility, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Manual dexterity required for assembly and operating tools and machines.
- Ability to safely operate moving equipment properly without risk to self, others and equipment.
- Ability and applied knowledge of the material handler job description.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required to be worn:
- Hearing Protection
- Eye Protection
- Certifications Required
- Fork-lift Certification.