Director of Milling Willmar, Minnesota
Job Ref: 35966
The Director of Feed Mills oversees the operational and financial success of 8 feed mills across Minnesota and Wisconsin that provide support to the live production system. This individual will maximize Live Production Business Unit profit by planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling activities in a least-cost manner, at all feed mills, while achieving Live Production Business Unit and company specifications.
- Develop the strategies and programs necessary to achieve annual comparisons of individual and consolidated company milling and delivery cost/ton as compared to key results.
- Establish policies and programs for asset protection and employee safety (accidents, vehicle accidents, equipment loss, etc.).
- Develop programs to attain and maintain safety audit scores versus the company goals.
- Establish and implement the tactics and strategies necessary to attain performance index scores for individual mills versus plan.
- Establish and implement the processes necessary to maintain the average pellet durability percentage by individual mills as compared to plan.
- Develop and implement long-range objectives and plans for Grow Out areas in conjunction with overall Live Production and company strategies and objectives.
- Participate as a member of the Live Production Team Leaders’ Group in overall development of the strategic plans, objectives and philosophy, long-range business plans, annual profit plans, etc. Effectively lead development of plans necessary to implement these company objectives within the Feed Mills
- Direct and participate in the development of Feed Mill production goals and objectives through profit plans, capital budgets, and narrative write-ups of goals and plans. Ensure the coordination of objectives between each mill.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure that Feed mill assets are properly planned for with regard to anticipated volumes, operating safety, efficiency, training and protection.
- Participate in the development and implementation of personnel polices and procedures as developed for the Live Production Business Unit. Ensure that we have effective and cost-justifiable personnel programs to enable us to attract and retain qualified personnel in the Feed Mills
- Ensure that Feed Mill positions are staffed with competent and motivated personnel. Ensure that all appropriate personnel receive timely annual developmental and merit pay reviews, which fairly and frankly document employee’s progress and areas for improvement.
- Develop and train personnel to assume increased responsibility any place throughout the company and work with them for promotion.
- Analyze and review variances from Feed Mill capital budgets, profit plans, and profit plan performance standards.
- 5+ years of experience in feed manufacturing.
- Experience in multi-site feed mill management.
- A strong track record of safety experience and results in the feed milling industry.
- Inspirational leadership supported with a strong set of soft skills and positive attitude; ability to rally their team to deliver superior results.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, & communication/influencing skills
- Significant people management and financial analytics experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience using relevant feed manufacturing programs.
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States.
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.