Associate Director of Operations TARRYTOWN, New York
Job Ref: 35955
120-135K SALARY RANGE
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF OPERAITONS
This is an experienced expert in manufacturing & logistics. They ideally have an engineering degree and a track record of success working in operations, including leading a plant. They have worked in a small business and championed change efforts (including partnering with other functions). They have knowledge and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement best practices, ideally lean/six sigma certifications/experience, and ideally have spent time at a large company known for best practices methodology. They are a proven leader of others, highly collaborative, and are a great coach.
- Represent manufacturing on key company-wide task forces (such as ERP, SI&OP, Customer Experience SWAT team, etc.)
- Lead the manufacturing integration of future acquisitions
- Responsible for building and facilitating manufacturing wide work processes such as talent reviews, scorecards, results reviews, etc.
- Own the process for development and implementation of functional action plans across all operations teams.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing and onboarding new leaders into the operations function
- Lead responses to emergency situations such as safety or quality incidents, etc.
- Be a “hands” on resource/coach to the plants regarding operational and strategic issues/opportunities they are encountering
- Liaison with other functions of the company on key operational issues, such as with purchases on supplier qualification/problem solving or customer services on availability
- Be a coach/sounding board/resource to the operational leadership team
- Take lead roles on key operational projects or process improvements as assigned; i.e. Continuous Improvement Charters, Capital Expense Projects, etc.
Desired Education and Experience
- Highly experienced manufacturing leader with 7+ years of experience, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry
- BA/BS in Engineering, ideally Mechanical or Industrial
- Proven track record of running a successful manufacturing operation, in particular driving long-term systemic improvement.
- Understanding of project management, continuous improvement, lean and High Performing Teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, coaching, planning, change management and team development skills
- Building highly effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels in the organization
inspiring trust and confidence in others. Practices being an ideal team player (hungry, humble and
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
- Rapidly builds trust with fellow employees and able to positively influence them
- Effectively leading change in a small business environment
- High level of self-determination and self-management (gets things done)
- Detail oriented, tech savvy, willingness to continually learn and embrace new approaches (growth
- Bias to action, calmly solves problems, follow-throughs, holds self & others accountable, willingness
to do what it takes to get the job done
- Highly organized, ability to work on multiple project and meet tight deadlines.
- Work comfortably in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate the ability to be resilient in the face of uncertainty and stress.