PLC Maintenance Electrician Hayward, California
Job Ref: 35954
PLC ELECTRICIAN ROLE IN HAYWARD MUST BE A STRONG PLC ELECTRICIAN. PAY IS 35-42
SKILLS: PLC TROUBLESHOOTING AND MINOR PROGRAMMING
- Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must have proficient communications skills both verbal and written.
- Must have proficient math skills.
- Must have proficient analytical skills.
- Must have proficient problem solving skills.
- At least 5 years work experience in a maintenance capacity on production manufacturing equipment
- Skilled in the use of CMMS
- Able to use volt meter to check AC/DC voltage
- Strong troubleshooting skills in both mechanical and electrical.
- Strong understanding of Pneumatics-solenoid valves, actuators and controls.
- Strong understanding of hydraulic system operations
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems using a schematic diagram
- Programing of VFD’s
- Understanding of PLC logic controls
- Skilled in the use of tool room machinery such as MIG and/or TIG weld, Lathes, Drill Press, Band Saw, and other metal working machinery
- Ability to drive a fork lift is required
- Method of training: On the job training
- General Job responsibilities – orientation and review.
- Onboarding Plan for Maintenance
- GMP’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- Company rules and regulations
- Will receive general training and orientation that will include;
– Plant Safety and Emergency Procedures
– Lock-Out/Tag-Out Lock-Out/Tag-Out
– Arc Flash Safety Training
– Miscellaneous Alchemy Training
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and perform preventive maintenance of equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair of complex problem equipment
- Repair and/or replacement of defect parts
- Install new and used equipment.
- Upgrade existing equipment as instructed by manager
- Review data off CMMS and develop plans to reduce downtime and machine failures
- Researching and identification of spare parts
- Responsible for writing of PM checklist and procedures for assigned equipment
- Training of junior level mechanics
- Maintains and repair production support equipment such as Air Compressors, Boilers, Silos, Grinders and HVAC systems
- Design and fabricate metal parts for plant and/or production equipment.
- Documents all work performed daily.
- Submit purchase order request for parts.
- Responsible for performing other tasks as instructed by Supervisor or Manager.
- Working Conditions:
- Continual walking and standing on hard surface, climbing and descending steps.
- Continual bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Exposed to cool, hot temperatures and noise.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Temperatures ranging to very warm conditions
- Loud noises generated from equipment