Maintenance Supervisor S. San Francisco, California
Job Ref: 35947
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor Job Status: Exempt
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Provide general leadership and direct supervision to 2nd shift maintenance mechanic crew. Train, coach, mentor crew so that they can perform at maximum efficiency. Oversee all functions involving maintenance of facilities and equipment. Ensure that quality standards are maintained and productivity targets are met. Maintain MRO (maintenance, repair, operations) inventory. Direct employees in proper safety procedures. Set-up and oversee a preventive/predictive maintenance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The position and its essential functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position.
• Must be able to motivate/lead others, deal with ambiguity, have a results-driven mind-set, good decision-making skills, and excellent communication skills
• Coordinate, arrange, and/or supervises the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance in accordance with manufactures procedures
• The position is responsible for all technical skills management and development of technician/s
• Improve reliability, maintenance, and processing methods to reduce cost and avoid loss of production as a result of equipment malfunction or failure time
• Ensure that equipment and facility are maintained in a safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement/ upgrades
• Assist with developing/improving department relations by continued communication of all information affecting operations
• Update or develop preventative maintenance procedures that are cost effective and increase the operational life of the equipment
• Review regularly site-specific maintenance logs for department
• Verify and/or establish procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment
• Reaffirm equipment capabilities, safety and operational condition
• Provide production downtime reports, determines opportunities, and initiate action plan to increase efficiencies
• Participate in risk management process audits
• Assist in maintaining departmental operating budget
• Enforce safe work practices
• Correct unsafe conditions
• Assist with investigating workplace accidents
• Participate in all necessary training is required to successfully perform job responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree or 3-5 years related experience and/or training;
• Strong analytical/problem solving/process improvement skills;
• Ability to prioritize and follow-through to achieve results and meet deadlines;
• Strong leadership skills, with an ability to build trust, provide direction, and execute with excellence;
• Strong foundation in interpersonal communication concepts, specifically, written, oral, presentation, listening, and facilitation skills;
• Ability to facilitate change, foster innovation and results;
• Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and develop effective solutions;
• Understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and utility systems
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit, climb or balance and taste or smell.