Tool & Die Machinist Rosedale, Maryland
Job Ref: 35946
Tool & Die Machinist in Rosedale MD its about 25 minutes from Belcamp MD. This is a first shift role M-F from 5am -3PM. Pay Range is 25-33HR. MUST BE A TOOL & DIE MACHINIST
SUMMARY: The Machinist/ Tool and Die perform all machine shop operation such as, but not limited to, lathe work, drilling, grinding, milling, shaping, and hand tool work. They will repair and overhaul factory equipment as well as design and build manufacturing systems/equipment as needed. Other duties could include welding, brazing, plumbing, and carpentry. Commitment to and support of the Company Core Values are key to success in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate lathes, milling machines, grinders, drill press, shaper and other shop equipment
- Proper use of all precision measuring devices, such as micrometers, verniers, and others as required
- Make machine parts to within one half thousandth of an inch
- Be knowledgeable on all dies so as to tap up and file, set, adjust, replace parts and maintain
- Make mechanical drawings as required of parts to be made and of existing parts
- Troubleshooting equipment in the entire plant
- Repair and overhaul of all equipment in the entire plant
- Calculate, through mathematics, the proper equipment that is required, such as gears, pulleys, belts, air lines, etc.
- Install new equipment in the plant. This would include learning the operation, maintenance, adjustments, and repairs of new equipment
- Training plant personnel on new equipment as required
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent (GED); and Completion of Machinist Apprentice or equivalent.