Maintenance Mechanic – Lucerne Valley CA Lucerne Valley, California
Job Ref: 35940
In Maintenance there is no set schedule. Their numbers are fewer lately so the Technicians have temporary set schedules. Typically the Technicians will rotate from days, to swings, to a schedule that includes weekends. This is done on a basis that the majority of technicians agree upon, 1 month, 3 months, 2 weeks, whatever they agree upon so it's advisable that you have some flexibility here.
Maintenance Mechanic I or II (based upon skills and experience)
The primary shift will be day shift but applicants must also be willing to work alternative schedules and weekends when necessary.
The basic purpose of this position is to maintain all aspects of plant mechanical equipment, conducting preventive maintenance and repairs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals, work orders, blueprints, building drawings, and schematics to perform required maintenance and service.
- Inspects, diagnoses and troubleshoots plant and mobile equipment/system problems.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, welding, cutting, lubrication, repair power transmission equipment, millwrighting, pneumatics, hydraulics, rigging, and basic automotive skills to troubleshoot and repair plant and mobile equipment/systems as needed.
- Provides scheduled and emergency/unscheduled repairs of plant and mobile equipment/systems.
- Communicates with employees/management to obtain/provide information regarding equipment/system issues as needed.
- Records pertinent labor information from work shift.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs pipefitting, plumbing, and carpentry skills to repair plant equipment/systems as needed.
- Train other employees to perform job duties/skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.