Team Leader – Maintenance/Electrical Salida, California
Job Ref: 35936
Leads Maintenance team to ensure Safety, Quality, and Performance objectives are met while directing technically skilled personnel through daily activities. Engages future planner which includes working directly with your planner and leads. Oversees daily correspondence to the Senior Maintenance Manager relating to critical items with information documenting cost and project timeline.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Promotes a safety-first environment while following and enforcing all safety rules throughout the facility.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory requirements involving food safety and GMPs.
- Oversees all maintenance functions for assigned shift to meet Business Unit strategies, goals and objectives, and completing report on reasons for not meeting schedule.
- Assigns daily work to crews; distributes planner work packs and provide personnel availability to Maintenance Planner.
- Ensures daily work is completed and review Work Order completion for all maintenance, repairs and modifications to all equipment and facilities.
- Determines priorities and alters daily schedule as required. Point of contact for all emergency calls on shift.
- Works with Maintenance Planner to reschedule “Held” work for later date and update the daily work schedules.
- Schedules and coordinates maintenance activities between operations, maintenance and contract personnel.
- Obtains emergency parts, requisitions, arrange for contractors, etc.
- Ensures a smooth shift transition by providing information on carryover and on-going jobs to incoming crews.
- Assists in resolving customer complaints, implement corrective actions.
- Monitors and reports Storeroom items that are obsolete or items requiring improvements through alternative parts.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Associate's Degree in Engineering or Electrical Maintenance.
- 4 years or electrical or mechanical maintenance.
- Understanding of SPC and associated tools.
- Experience meeting deadlines and deal with high-pressure situations.
- Experience presenting technical concepts and ideas. Will have continuous contact with employees at all levels of the organization as well as external customers in the business and technical field.
- Must be able to physically move throughout the facility, including climbing multiple flights of stairs, ladders, elevated catwalks and tight access areas.
- Able to sit/work at a desk for extended periods of time doing things such as analytical work or reports, which requires focus, while utilizing a computer.
- On call 24 hours a day for emergency situations.
- Weekend work required as needed.