Maintenance Mechanic Lake Forest, California
Job Ref: 35926
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintenance and repair of all equipment within the manufacturing operation working with minimal supervision. This position will perform preventive maintenance on manufacturing, packaging and supporting equipment. Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the execution of the line equipment changes over. The Maintenance Mechanic must be able to effectively communicate and work closely with many different departments within the organization.
• Strong understanding of the importance of product safety and good house-keeping and the vital role that maintenance personnel play in product safety and customer satisfaction.
• Must be capable of correctly troubleshooting and repairing all manufacturing and facilities support equipment.
• Determine the appropriate components and repair equipment to keep on hand which will result in limited production down time and unnecessary crisis management.
• Coordinate, implement, and participate in scheduling preventive maintenance on all manufacturing and facilities support equipment.
• Monitor and maintain all HVAC systems verifying they are running properly and efficiently to ensure proper climate control while keeping energy costs to a minimum.
• Maintain and repair as needed all dust collection systems.
• Complete and maintain all necessary documentation including applicable cGMP documents.
• Complete PMs and WO documentation on CMMS.
• Identify occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties including lock out tag out procedures.
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule and willing to work overtime as needed.
• Execute production lines changeovers.
• Request parts and material needed to complete tasks.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Strong experience with solid mechanical and electrical aptitude
• Ability to install, repair, and maintain all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and other related components of all manufacturing and packaging equipment in a safe and timely manner
• Ability to effectively read and understand mechanical & electrical drawings, including floor plans
• Good understanding of Programmable Logic Controller functions and strong ability with troubleshooting the controller and I/O devices associated with the controller
• Familiarity with VFDs, Brushless DC and DC controller systems
• Good knowledge base for programming and troubleshooting various brands of temperature controllers
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as a team player with co-workers, suppliers and contractors
• Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written English
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Knowledge of CMMS software preferably e-Maintenance
• 5 years of hands-on maintenance experience in a fast-paced manufacturing or packaging environment
• 1 year of experience in a Food Supplement, Food Contact or Food manufacturing environment
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Technical Institution certification or degree
• Associate’s degree in Electrical/Electronic field, or two years certification in a related field
• Experience in metal and or machinery fabrication