Maintenance Supervisor Newark, California
Job Ref: 35921
Job Description: Maintenance Supervisor
Works every other Saturday
This position is responsible for the supervision and assigning activities of industrial maintenance/electrical personnel, ensuring adherence to safety procedures and assisting in the repair of equipment and machinery.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Supervises and assigns work to mechanics and electricians. And then inspects that the work is performed correctly.
- Performs plant inspections daily and checks work log for daily projects and repairs.
- Assists in troubleshooting and diagnosing needed repairs.
- Repairs all equipment and machinery assigned in a timely and safe manner.
- Responds to unscheduled trouble calls during work and after hours.
- Maintains shop tools and equipment in good working condition.
- Prepares requested reports on a regular basis.
- Responsible for coordinating with the production department on the weekly schedule and appropriate tools needed.
- Take regular inventories of department supplies for plant management.
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Responsible for the performance, training, development, and discipline of subordinate employees.
- Maintains work area per company standards for safety and cleanliness.
- Abides by all safety rules set forth by company and government regulatory agencies and ensure that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected
- All other tasks and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience preferred.