2nd shift Production Supervisor Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Ref: 35912
Production Supervisor – heavy expansion!
Need 1 on afternoon shift (2:30 pm – midnight) 60k – 70k – review after 3.5 months will get you a nice bump up in pay if you're performing well! Prefer some food experience even if the experience is older. They want people with strong interpersonal skills who can develop good teams, who are familiar with setting up continuous improvement initiatives, and know 5S, and Lean manufacturing, someone who is effective at building and implementing processes and building teams, will be over 13-22 people, straight salary and you should expect to work at least 2 Saturdays a month, average of 55-60 hours a week. Want at least two years experience as a Production Supervisor.
SUMMARY: The Production Department Supervisor is responsible for supporting and assisting the Production Manager in operations, production, safety and policy enforcement for the department. The Supervisor will assist the Production Manager to maintain work schedules and on-call schedules and ensures proper documentation. Other responsibilities include; assist with daily reports as needed, assist with ensuring employee weekly time sheets are properly filled out and approved, assist maintenance personnel, plan and review the project work with the PM Precook Manager; administer HACCP and GMP policies. Maintain high standards of excellence, attention to detail and the willingness/flexibility to work through peak work cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including, but not limited to the following:
- Establishes and ensures safety policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Assist Production Manager in overseeing department operations by identifying problems, developing and implementing corrective and preventative measures.
- Assist Production Manager in coordinate all new employee activities and training for department.
- Assist Production Manager in maintaining proper records and logs of activities and operating conditions, and down time. Prepare and maintain reports as directed by Production Manager.
- Ensure department personnel follow the established procedures for startup, operation, and shutdown of the equipment.
- Ensure prescribed checks and monitoring of all operating equipment is carried out as required.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, vendors, senior staff, staff support as needed.
- Understand, support and help implement/maintain the Quality Management System (QMS), Operating Policies, Safety programs, help implement goals and objectives, and on-going improvement plans and activities.
- Provide leadership in professionalism and ethics.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises employees under the direction of the Production Manager. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training new employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor of Science degree is preferred but not required, two (2) years or more related experience and/or training in leadership roles; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, speak and write in English and Spanish is required. Must be able to interpret and understand general business reports, professional journals, technical procedures or Government regulations. Must be able to write clear, accurate and concise reports and business correspondence. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from Supervisors, regulators, consultants, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical formulas to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to make decisions on routine matters of policies. Ability to define and solve practical problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables in handling situations.
DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES: Have the authority to remove employees from an eminent danger condition. Have informal contact daily with Production Manager, the other department supervisor and line leads. Changes involving programs, policies, and procedures require higher approval.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Lift 75 lbs occasionally. Must be able to efficiently and effectively move to all areas of production. Must be able to climb ladders or platforms. Must be able to wear all safety and production related equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment varies from an office setting, production floor and outside climate conditions, based on the situation. Noise level may vary within areas of the plant. Must be able to tolerate cold (45 degrees or colder) and wet conditions.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established as needed by operations and at the discretion of management and may be adjusted (increased or decreased) by management as required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule as necessary.