Site Safety Supervisor Napperville, Illinois
Job Ref: 35905
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Mondelez International is committed to meeting or exceeding all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and developing and maintaining a World Class Safety culture to achieve an incident free work environment.
What you will bring
The HSE Specialist works with all site teams in the manufacturing facility. Reporting directly to the HSE Manager/IL6S HSE pillar lead, this position provides the opportunity to join a dynamic team focused on maturing HSE culture, ensuring legal compliance and supporting continuous improvement of health, safety and environmental programs as our facilities work toward best-in-class systems and metrics.
• Maintaining an up-to-date incident reporting system, assisting with investigating incidents in conjunction with the HSE Pillar team/safety committee and driving the completion of corrective actions to eliminate root causes/reoccurrence
• Developing technical guidance programs to identify and remove physical hazards
• Providing support/technical advice to the site for proper administration of HSE programs
• Assisting plant departments in coordination, follow-up, and tracking of all HSE training sessions and records according to skill matrices & step up card requirements established
• Maintaining and receiving updates for the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and ensuring the receipt and review of lost/missing/new ones as required
• Liaising with government officials as required, Municipal, Provincial and Federal.
• Under the direction of the HSE Manager/Pillar Lead, maintaining and improving HSE Program with conformance to Mondelez Global Standards
• Ensuring appropriate risk assessments are in place and/or conducted, and follow ups are implemented in each functional area
• Conducting health, safety, security and environmental training, as directed
• Promoting, advocating and leading HSE pillar work through IL6S on a daily basis (e.g. supporting DMS meetings, Gemba walks, HSE IL6S work processes such as BOS QRP etc.)
• Reviewing all HSE programs regularly for audit compliance and conformance and making improvements with HSE Manager/Lead as necessary.
• Participating in the annual Master Planning for the plant and Regional HSE pillar with respect to HSE, and its’ regular update for progress/tracking
• Implementing site required and corporate directed HSE programs as required.
• Participating as a Qualified (and certified, where required) member of the HSE Pillar/safety committee
• Demonstrating the following competencies: time management, organizational, problem solving, decision making, self-starter, high energy and excellent communication leadership skills
• Maintaining the monthly HSE metrics (KPIs & KAIs) as well as safety and environmental communication and HSE Pillar boards.
• Maintaining safety equipment inventory.
Responsibility for emergency preparedness, food defense and waste removal.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Plant manager
• Plant staff
• Supervisors/line managers
• HSE steering team
• S&E sector person
• Third party vendors
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Major: Health/Safety/Environmental Science/Engineering preferred.
Job specific requirements:
- Previous Experience Strongly Preferred
- Ability to understand ISO certification requirements and programs that achieve and maintain certification
- Qualified in the field of sustainability and environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment required. Minimum of 2 years.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software (MSOffice)
- Key leadership competencies, including: ability to create partnerships, decision making, team work, culture ambassador