Utilities Operating Engineer Portland, Oregon
Job Ref: 35902
You independently operate and maintain at least one process, equipment or systems following autonomous maintenance (AM) standards and use your technical skills to improve line and/or system performance to meet business needs.
How you will contribute
You are a key ingredient in changing how the world snacks. With coaching, you will operate and maintain equipment to deliver on our safety, quality, cost, delivery, sustainability and morale targets. You will use execute all standard work processes on your equipment using AM (autonomous maintenance) and PM (progressive maintenance) standards and ensure that safety processes are observed, and that quality assurance activities are performed. You will understand the losses in their area and equipment and report them.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- Operating machines with coaching
- Safety and quality standards for operating machines
- Reading and writing, and fluently conversant in the language of communication as appropriate to the site
- Collaborating well in a diverse work environment
More about this role
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Technical Diploma or training in a mechanical Field would be a plus
- A completed Apprenticeship of formal job training program would be preferred.
- Years of Experience: Five years applied experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment, preferably in the food processing industry.
- LME license preferred.
- Must be able to work any of the following shifts- 1st, 2nd ,3rd