Automation Controls Engineer Deming, New Mexico
Job Ref: 35900
The Controls Engineer at our Food Processing/Manufacturing facility researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, and systems. The Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems for commercial and industrial uses.
- Designs and directs maintenance personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Plans/develops projects and manages them to completion.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Provides solutions as the subject expert on troubleshooting of controls and electrical systems.
- Complies with OSHA and all plant safety requirements.
- Other commensurate duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in food processing (packing plant—pouches, cans, glass) leading electrical/controls/mechanical maintenance functions preferred.
- Should have experience working in liquid fill or other consumer packaging.
- Hands-on experience with PLCs, HMIs, and programming.
- Knowledgeable of electrical code/safety requirements.
- Must have the following attributes:
- be well organized, results oriented, and have effective problemsolving ability,
- possess strong leadership and team building skills,
- be computer literate – MS Programs and AX experience is desirable,
- be influential and able to interact effectively with people at all levels,
- be able to work alone or in a team environment, and
- show good judgment and sound reasoning skills.
- Competency in Spanish is desirable.