Maintenance Mechanic 2 Vista, California
Job Ref: 35892
Maintenance Mechanic Two is an experienced and proven effective mechanic position. This individual has applicable training and proven advanced skills related to nutritional supplement manufacturing.
This position maintains production, Quality and safety by ensuring proper operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. The Individual will ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements. Mechanic will follow manufacturer’s instructions, operations manuals, engineering specifications, electrical schematic, blue prints, diagrams and sketches. Will monitor and maintain production equipment; will troubleshoot and repair blending, high speed encapsulation, compression, and coating equipment along with filling and packaging equipment in a timely, safe and efficient manner to the level of training. Maintain equipment maintenance logs and documentation in accordance with SOP and cGMP guidelines; complete necessary Corrective and Preventative Work Orders. Work closely with Maintenance and Operations personnel in attaining production goals and objectives.
In this position, responsibilities include responding to requests for maintenance of manufacturing or packaging equipment, troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions or improvements necessary to restore line operations. Duties also include installing, maintaining, repairing and rebuilding manufacturing and packaging equipment for proper operation, personnel safety, and regulatory compliance.
Individuals in this position are self-motivated requiring little supervision. Must have good communication skills, leadership qualities and able to train others when required. Must take direction well and work as a team member. They will have an attitude of quality work and attention to detail. They will aspirer to goals in both plant improvement and self-improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitor and maintain manufacturing/packaging equipment anticipating problem areas and make necessary corrective actions.
• Directly involved with troubleshooting mechanical problems related to production/packaging equipment.
• Develop and provide technical training on manufacturing/packaging equipment to ensure production personnel are familiar with new equipment/control systems.
• Make recommendations concerning the need for equipment repair and the severity of such needs.
• Integrate changes in technology/upgrade existing manufacturing / packaging equipment and processes.
• Interpret and apply information from schematic and manuals to existing problems.
•Determine/recommend required spare parts.
• Assist in the development of maintenance programs and inventory system
•Maintain Maintenances Shop cleanliness orderliness
• Duties also include installing, maintaining, repairing and rebuilding encapsulation machines, tablet presses and packaging equipment
• Preventative maintenance, inspecting for proper operation and safety.
• Provide clear legible documentation identifying problem and its resolution.
• Coordinates troubleshooting activities on PLC/PC control systems with phone support from OEM Service Depts.
• Coordinate equipment alterations and packaging material changes for nutraceutical products and packages (change part fabrication, procurement, testing and support documentation to assure set up and performance.)
• Coordinate installation/ start up activities and assure performance criteria of new equipment and machine parts are met.
• Participate in Design qualification, Factory Acceptance Tests (F.A.T.), and installation/operational qualification activities of new production equipment , as well as re-qualification of existing equipment.
Perform other duties as may be required in meeting company objectives, including but not limited to:
• Comply with all company policies, work rules, safety regulations, and good housekeeping requirements.
• Participate with operations personnel to resolve discrepancies and problems.
• Perform all mechanical duties within OSHA safety rules and regulations at all times.
• Inform Manager of problem areas and necessary corrective actions to ensure maximum operation.
• Prioritizes work assignments
• Strictly adhere to all GMPs and SOPs
• Perform other duties as may be required in meeting company objectives.
• High school, GED or technical school diploma.
• 5+ years of related experience in food, nutritional supplement or pharmaceutical manufacturing.
• Applicable training and/or trade apprenticeship.
• Strong technical ability and mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment malfunctions and the ability to work with minimal supervision is required.
• Must have an effective interpersonal skills and the ability to obtain cooperation, support and cohesiveness on project/work activities.
• Must have a good understanding of PLCs and electrical control devices and instrumentation.
• Working knowledge of machine shop equipment, hand/power tools, basic electronic measuring equipment.
• Must be sensitive to down time requirements in a production environment.
• Must communicate well and be detail oriented with paperwork completion.
• Must be familiar with cGMPs and SOPs from a regulated working environment.
•This position requires the incumbent to be technically competent, knowledgeable in all facets of Solid Dosage Manufacturing, possess a good working knowledge of the regulatory and marketing processes, and have the ability to deal with all levels of management. Good Communication skills (both verbal and written in English), team building skills and project management skills will be mandatory to properly control the multiplicity of projects being handled at any one time, and to insure that all client relationships are kept informed.
•This position requires the incumbent to have Strong mechanical background and the ability to assess problem areas and make necessary repairs without assistance.
•Must have good problem solving skills and be able to work independently
•Must have a technical/mechanical background for: Mechanical repair, working knowledge of electrical systems and problem solving skills along with reading comprehension skills required.
•Candidate must be proficient operating Windows based computer systems and software such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
•Must have Effective Interpersonal Skills and the ability to obtain cooperation, support and cohesiveness on project/work activities with NAI’s staff personnel.
•Require Good Communication skills (ability to speak, read, write and understand English fluently), team building skills to insure that all client relationships are kept informed.
•Require a thorough working knowledge of Machine Shop equipment, hand/power tools, basic electronic measuring equipment and blue print/schematic reading would be a plus.
Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.